Slot Technician I - San Manuel Casino
Slot Technician I
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 07, 2021
Mar 25, 2021
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Under the direction of the Slot Technical Supervisor, the Slot Technician I is responsible for providing quality service to guests in the slot area, responding to technical service calls, and helping keep the gaming floor clean and organized. The Slot Technician I is responsible for repairing minor machine errors, escalating slot machine issues when necessary and dispatching technical calls from the Monitor Room as part of their work rotation. The Slot Technician I may be assigned to one of a number of specialized teams such as chairs, preventative maintenance or projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides quality service and responds to calls in a timely and respectful manner to all guests while maintaining professionalism
- Replaces or repairs basic components (such as touch screens, bill acceptors, buttons, nexgens, card readers, etc.).
- Verifies machine claims and verifies information to determine outcome of claim; notifys supervisor when necessary.
- Conducts cash box audits on machines in a timely manner when needed.
- Gains and maintains detailed knowledge of games offered at casino. Helps ensure that the rules of play are followed.
- Complies with procedures in the Slot Technician Handbook. Completes department and company related documentation as needed.
- Follows the Technician rotation including dispatch and all of the duties therein in an orderly, timely manner.
- Maintains service presence in assigned section(s) to meet established service standards.
- Maintains assigned work area (assigned sections) by actively roaming, picking up and throwing away trash, pushing in chairs and looking for machine errors whether slots are vacant or being played.
- Assists in the identification and reporting of incidents of loitering, panhandling and unlawful activity
- Immediately reports any and all unusual incidents or circumstances to Slot Management (i.e. suspicious activity, machine malfunctions, gaming payout disputes, unusual or altered tickets, problem patrons, customer concerns, problems regarding other employees, counterfeit bills, etc.).
- Answers customer questions regarding the different games offered and instruct the customer on proper play of the games.
- May be assigned to the specialized chair team which repairs and maintains the slot chair inventory and reports on low stock of this equipment so the department can maintain an adequate supply.
- May be assigned to the specialized preventative maintenance team which works to restore and maintain aging slot machine hardware to prevent downtime and maintain profitability.
- May be assigned to the specialized project team which installs/removes new and old slot machines. This team is also tasked with expansion projects that require large scale installations.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in customer service required.
- Certification in Electronics or Networking preferred.
- Must understand basic knowledge of gaming machine components.
- Must be able to speak and write in English for required communication.
- Must possess the physical capabilities to be able to carry machine keys, a radio, and log book on shift.
- Must be able to trouble-shoot and evaluate patron claims.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!