Security Risk Analyst, Public Safety - San Manuel Casino
Security Risk Analyst, Public Safety
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Apr 04, 2021
Aug 25, 2021
Type of Position:
The Security Risk Analyst position is a newly-created role within the Department of Public Safety (DPS). Under the direction of Manager, Enterprise Security Services / Solutions (ESS/S Manger), and in conjunction with the Risk Management Department, the Security Risk Analyst conducts quantitative and qualitative analysis and assessments of existing and emerging security-related risks to the enterprise. Areas of concentration will include patterns of potential criminal activity, including fraud and theft, threats of workplace violence, potential malicious insider activity, and other suspicious activity. The Security Risk Analyst is expected to help develop and mature San Manuel’s security analytics program, to include the development of an analytics IT platform, and the drafting of governance procedures.
The goal of the department is to deliver “best-in-class” security and customer service, in accordance with current policies, procedures, and established objectives. The Security Risk Analyst will have an instrumental role in developing this new capability within the DPS. The Security Risk Analyst will evaluate security risks and deliver actionable intelligence to key Tribal and Casino business leaders to inform their security-related decision-making.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts threat analysis and risk assessments coordinating with law enforcement agencies, other DPS teams, and other Casino and Tribal departments, as needed.
- Establishes relevant commercial and public data feeds and platform tools to facilitate basic analysis.
- Serves on committees and law enforcement/private sector partnerships focused on terrorism liaison, physical security, asset protection, and workplace violence prevention.
- Responsible for security risk monitoring and analysis.
- Responsible for coordinating with loss prevention program in conjunction with other DPS components and related Tribal and Casino departments.
- Participates in conducting physical security assessments for the Tribal Community, properties, and enterprises.
- Supports and develops models to identify existing and emerging security risks; define metrics that influence risk mitigation decisions.
- May be asked to assist other team members on major incidents and complex situations where their experience is required.
- Maintains an on-call status and respond as requested.
- Uses a variety of quality customer service oriented communication skills, and special techniques to interact formally and informally with community groups and customers of all backgrounds. Provides information about policies, procedures and ordnances as they affect the visiting public and maintains good public relations with internal customers and vendors.
- Understands, applies and ensures the department’s compliance with established professional standards, directives, approved procedures and policies, applicable federal and state regulations along with tribal ordinances and all Indian gaming related regulations.
- Effectively manages their team’s budget.
- Represents the department publicly and serves as a key representative of the DPS’s services to internal customers, vendors and visiting patrons.
- Other responsibilities, duties, tasks and assignments that contribute to the mitigation or response to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is preferred; a degree or advanced certificate in Intelligence Analysis or related discipline is a plus. For exceptionally qualified individuals, experience in corporate risk intelligence may be substituted for college education.
- Must have verifiable experience in conducting security threat analysis, assessment, and mitigation; this can be based on public sector, law enforcement, or corporate security experience.
- Must have at least five (5) years recent experience in a public or private sector security related position.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Must be able to read, speak, and write intelligently in the English language. Bilingual abilities are a plus.
- Must have documented, verifiable experience in drafting policies and procedures for an organization of comparable size to the San Manuel Department of Public Safety.
- Knowledge of the security industry and developed relationships with a variety of security professionals is highly desired.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
It will open the first phase of its $550 million expansion on July 24 including a new high limit room, restaurant and expanded gaming space. A 17-story hotel will open later this year and an events center early next year. The gaming floor will be expanded to more than 6,500 slot machines from 5,000 and 40 more table games will be added, bringing the total number of tables to 135.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!