Retail Supervisor - San Manuel Casino
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 07, 2021
Mar 23, 2021
Type of Position:
Under the direction of the Retail Manager, the Retail Supervisor is responsible for managing Retail staff within the Retail Stores. Coordinates the purchasing of goods, sets up displays and assists customers and staff during business hours.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages retail staff, including cashiers and sales people.
- Schedules, trains, coaches and disciplines, and evaluates the Retail staff, including Retail Sales Associates and Retail Cashiers.
- Assists in the hiring of retail clerks and responsible for orientation of new hires.
- Assists in the management of the financial needs of the Retail Stores to include daily sales records, pricing, discounts and any reports as exception reports.
- Assists with the selection of merchandise and maintenance of inventory to ensure items are in stock, verifies and accepts deliveries and use of Eatec system.
- Responsible for the display of merchandise to include appealing and clean displays at all times.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the Policies and Procedures set forth by SMC.
- Prepares monthly inventory reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Completion of some college courses in a Business discipline preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years of retail experience with minimum one (1) year in a management or supervisory capacity required.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point essential.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the companys insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!