Auditor II, Casino Accounting - San Manuel Casino
Auditor II, Casino Accounting
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 07, 2021
May 15, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Auditor II role is a critical position to the organization and requires an individual with the utmost integrity to provide the oversight responsibilities of this position. The Auditor II ensures gaming operation compliance with the Federal, State and Tribal regulations.
Under the direction of the Audit Supervisor, the Auditor II will plan and execute audits of gaming revenue by verifying, allocating and posting transactions and daily cash deposits. The Auditor II summarizes audit findings and offers recommendations. In addition, the Auditor II will be responsible for compiling data and preparing formal audit findings reports substantiating their findings in order to reconcile entries, verify reporting, and prepare daily revenue reports for management, while ensuring compliance with all policies, procedures and regulations. Ensures compliance with the Gaming Commission’s Tribal Gaming Minimum Internal Controls (TICS) and the Gaming Commission Regulations (GCR), by studying the standards, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in the planning and performance of risk based financial, operational, and compliance audits and reviews relevant records for compliance with regulatory requirements; financial accounting and auditing standards; and company policies and procedures.
- Performs risk assessment and executes risk based audits to identify internal control deficiencies or process inefficiencies within the gaming operation.
- Participates in continuous monitoring forensic reviews (e.g.; discretionary comp analysis, promotions analysis) by application of data analysis techniques to identify unusual and fraudulent transactions and provides recommendations to implement anti-fraud controls.
- Possesses and exercises strong analytical skills and abilities when performing audits.
- Assists in providing advisory and consulting services to improve the accurate, timely, and efficient audit of critical and complex gaming audits such as: table games, poker, table games progressives, and EZ-Pay transactions.
- Demonstrates appropriate professional judgment and etiquette when answering questions and analyzing or providing information as it relates to potential fraudulent activity and trends.
- Prepares clear and concise written communication and reports based on investigative findings and facts with other departments, management, and executives.
- Evaluates the highly sensitive, complex, and private information of the Casino Credit Program with confidentiality and in compliance with PCI/PII regulations.
- Works collaboratively or independently on unique or special assignments that may require specialized knowledge and experience.
- Prepares and reviews financial reports specific to the audit areas in accordance with policy and procedures approved by management.
- Investigates and reports any discrepancies found in the audit on exception reports to the affiliated department management and executives.
- Reviews, corrects, compiles, and verifies transactions submitted from casino operations departments for accuracy and compliance to approved policies and procedures of the accounting department as it pertains to the recording of these transactions.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and conforms to industry standards, TICS and GCR, by reviewing transaction documents sent by the department on designated audit areas.
- Performs additional duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required. (Business degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university preferred).
- Minimum 2 years work experience and/or training in Audit, Accounting, Fraud, Risk, Compliance, or other professional investigative or risk-based experience required.
- Familiarity of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), National Indian Gaming Commission Minimum Internal Controls (MICS), the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO).
- Employee must have experience demonstrating the utmost discretion and confidentiality as they will have access to private information such as Social Security Numbers, credit cards, personal data or financial data from colleagues, personnel or customers.
- Ability to use data extraction and data analysis techniques in MS Excel to support audits and sampling within the department.
- Ability to employ a proactive approach to problem solving and overall execution of job responsibilities required.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or concerns from internal and external customers.
- Ability to communicate one-on-one and to groups to explain policies, procedures, and processes to maintain understanding and communication of a specific opinion or action.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of management.
- Must be independent and must not have any direct relatives associated in the functioning of the gaming operations and/or gaming activities.
- Must possess intermediate computer skills and intermediate user level proficiency in all Microsoft Office Applications, with emphasis on Excel.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must possess a current and valid Drivers License with an acceptable driving record as determined by the Companys insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!