Facilities Administrative Assistant - San Manuel Casino
Facilities Administrative Assistant
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 07, 2021
Mar 25, 2021
Type of Position:
Under the direction of the Operations Support Manager, the Administrative Assistant will play a key role in the day-to-day administrative and ancillary needs associated with running the department. They will be responsible for providing Administrative support to the Facilities Department. The Administrative Assistant will also be required to use independent judgment and initiative in the planning, organization and performance of confidential and time sensitive administrative assignments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Carries out day-to-day office administrative functions; ensures that all records and files are maintained and held securely and that the confidentiality of information is upheld.
- Processes quotes, proposals, and invoices for department supply and material orders and services to include any contracted services.
- Responsible for updating, reconciling, submitting and distribution of payroll and schedules for the Facilities department; updates and submits employee time and attendance and advises department management on accrued sick and vacation time balances for all Facilities department employees.
- Maintains and tracks department attendance performance, advises department management when disciplinary action is necessary, and tracks completion.
- Tracks department expenditures by logging all requisitions into budget ledger for accurate spend amount by ledger account. Also, tracks all pending orders and follow ups with procurement department.
- Requests updates from management on all key exception reports received.
- Act as liaison with procurement department to execute service contracts and agreements, and purchases.
- Contacts department vendors to schedule and follow up on any and all service requests.
- Inputs, tracks, and files training records for all department employees.
- Assists department management staff with general administrative tasks such as record keeping, copying, filing, organizing, scheduling, developing documents, answering and directing phones.
- Coordinates communication and distributes information to management, department personnel, and vendors to provide general information and status of activities.
- Assists department with timely requests for service repair orders with other departments.
- Maintains office inventory stock and purchases additional supplies as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of two (2) years related administrative experience required.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel is required.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the companys insurance carrier.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions Environment
The physical requirement demands described here are representatives of those that an employee encounters and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant sitting.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Visual Acuity that best describes the requirements of the position: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection of employees, visitors or facility.
- Hearing sufficient to hear conversational levels in person and over the telephone.
- Speech sufficient to make oneself heard and understood in person, in front of groups, in meetings, and over the telephone.
- Strength sufficient to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally: lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 10 pounds occasionally.
- Physical activities that apply to the essential functions of the position are: Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions.
The working environment described here are representative of those that an employee encounters and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Primary work environment is in a climate - controlled office setting. Work requires travel to attend meetings, trade shows, and conferences. Incumbents may be required to work evening, weekend and holiday shifts.
- Occasionally may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles including secondhand smoke.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!