EVS Supervisor - San Manuel Casino
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 07, 2021
Jul 23, 2021
Type of Position:
Under the guidance of the Assistant Manager of EVS, the Supervisor of EVS (Environmental Services) is responsible for maintaining the health and safety standards for the San Manuel Casino (SMC). This position provides guidance and daily directives to EVS team members. The Supervisor of EVS is responsible for leading and managing their team to complete all goals and missions set forth by the SMC and the EVS Department, ensuring a best in class culture for maintenance of the facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Oversees the maintaining of all EVS duties and responsibilities in the Casino, to include the cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing of all surfaces. Ensures all Health Department and San Manuel health and safety guidelines and protocols are maintained at all times.
2. Supervises assigned EVS Team Leaders and Housekeepers. Works with upper management to design and communicate a team concept to accomplish daily, weekly, and long term duties and functions. Implements sound management concepts and practices. Gives safety instructions and necessary training to new and existing team members. Keeps team members updated on proper procedures, techniques, materials, and equipment.
3. Interacts with guests by answering questions, providing information, greeting guests, and assisting whenever possible. Assists with promoting brand loyalty by engaging in exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
4. Works with management to ensure Department requirements are met. Monitors and documents all team members’ attendance calendars and personnel files.
5. Records all EVS team activities in Department journal. Ensures essential equipment, parts, and chemicals are available for team members, are properly identified and labeled according to the SDS, and are in safe and proper working condition to utilize prior to the start of a project (i.e. hard hats, back braces, safety glasses, etc.). Ensures proper safety precautions are followed (i.e. caution tape, hazard signs, etc.). Maintains thorough understanding of recycling program and monitors team member compliance. Performs walk-throughs of all areas to ensure proper completion of assignment and clean-up.
6. Assists wherever needed to ensure daily Department goals are met; performs any essential duties listed under the EVS team member job descriptions.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Continuing education college coursework preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years Housekeeping or Casino experience required. This can be substituted by extensive experience in an industry requiring supervision of a large hourly workforce.
- Minimum of (1) year Supervisory experience preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year union experience preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Word Perfect, Excel, Outlook).
- Must have exceptional typing and penmanship skills.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have and maintain a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the enterprises insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!