Accounting Manager, Casino Accounting - San Manuel Casino
Accounting Manager, Casino Accounting
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 07, 2021
May 16, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Accounting Manager manages the accounting transactions and accounting processes necessary for the maintenance of proper books of accounts for the Tribe consistent with the US GAAP as is relevant to governmental accounting. This position is required to have a good understanding and application of the accounting principles and should be able to develop and maintain accounting processes and procedures to ensure accurate, timely, and relevant financial accounting. This position functions as a Manager for a team of Accounting Supervisors, Senior and Staff Accountants and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that the work are properly allocated and is completed in a timely manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including reconciliations, financial reporting, year-end audit, grant audit, and compliance with policies and procedures. This position is responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of financial controls.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assist with month end close and meet the reporting deadlines. Ensure preparation of financial statements and management reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
2. Manage day-to-day tactical and strategic functions of accountants. Handle personnel issues relating to staff including performance management and completing annual performance reviews.
3. Prepare, review and/or ensure completion of recurring activities including month-end/year-end closings, reconciliations, financial reporting, sales/use tax reporting, etc.
4. Oversee day-to-day activities, including journal entries, batch approvals, reconciliations, account analysis.
5. Assist with all external reporting, including audits and other special reports.
6. Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
7. Ensure periodic bank compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
8. Identify, develop and implement procedures to enhance efficiency and accuracy of the department.
9. Prepare ad-hoc analysis for the Controller, CFO and senior management. Respond to inquiries regarding financial results and special requests for Senior Leadership and Management. Prepare memos, analysis, policies, and procedures as requested by the Controller.
10. Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA preferred.
- Minimum seven (7) years of progressive accounting experience required.
- Minimum three (3) years supervisory experience required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Proficiency with computerized financial systems, Microsoft Excel and other related applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Active CPA license preferred.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!