Network Engineer - San Manuel Casino
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 07, 2021
Mar 25, 2021
Type of Position:
The Information Technology (IT) department for the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians (the Tribe) provides and supports a leading edge technology infrastructure to the enterprise in support of ever changing technological advances in the Gaming industry and the Tribe’s enterprises. The ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is key to the success of the IT staff to meet the demands of this technically proficient and high demand department.
The Network Engineer I role, working under the guidance of the Network Engineering Manager, will ensure the stability and integrity of the enterprise’s networks. In addition, the Network Engineer I will participate in the installation, monitoring, reporting, systems management and capacity management, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Strategy & Planning
- Assist in the design and deployment of LANs, WANs, WLANs, SDNs and other communications systems as required.
- Collaborate with department leader to assess near and long-term network capacity needs.
- Identify appropriate upgrades and improvements to systems, processes and tools.
Acquisition & Development
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Assist in the troubleshooting and resolution of complex issues.
- Configure monitoring, alerting and analytics gathering platforms as appropriate for network systems.
- Proactively monitor and validate performance of all network and communications systems.
- Assist Information Security team with log monitoring duties or other system monitoring tasks as required.
- Perform new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Completion of daily, monthly, and quarterly checklists for compliance and regulatory purposes.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science.
- Minimum four (4) years experience of in-depth network engineering role required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement.
- Knowledge of current network topologies, protocols and standards.
- IEEE 802.1X experience required.
- Experience with Cisco, HPe/Aruba required.
- Able to be on call on a rotational basis to support essential business clients and emergency situations.
- SDN experience preferred.
- Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations to company operations.
- Experience in vendor product evaluation (hardware, software, service providers).
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong decision making ability capable of working unsupervised.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with management.
- CCNA Routing and Switching Certification required.
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification required.
- CCNP Routing and Switching preferred.
- Other certifications in Cisco, HP/Aruba, F5, Palo Alto technologies preferred.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the companys insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!