Business Intelligence Analyst, Analytics & Insights - San Manuel Casino
Business Intelligence Analyst, Analytics & Insights
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 07, 2021
Mar 25, 2021
Type of Position:
Reporting to the VP, Analytics and Insights, the Business Intelligence Analyst identifies business intelligence, reporting, and data analysis needs. The Business Intelligence Analyst is skilled at turning data into information, information into knowledge, and knowledge into actionable insights for San Manuel Band of Mission Indians’ (SMBMI) projects and entities. The Business Intelligence Analyst plays a key role in the transformation of using data to tell stories, going beyond the obvious to investigate and deliver knowledge. They provide information that is accurate, timely and reliable, and ensures that the information is easily available for direct consumption.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Collaborates with stakeholders to understand their needs, priorities, communication preferences, key performance indicators (KPI) to deliver custom business intelligence solutions to help usher in a data driven culture.
2. Conducts analysis including SQL writing and SAS queries, apply data to visualize vast, complex gaming, financial, geo-spatial and census data to identify significant trends and findings.
3. Communicates all findings, ideas into consumable and actionable reports, visualizations and presentations to all levels of management to tell stories and delivery using Business Intelligence (BI) tools like Tableau.
4. Creates automation of self-service analytics from data warehousing, partnering for ETLs and linking outputs to Tableau server for consumption to support a data driven culture.
5. Analyzes business process and requirements in order to identify opportunities to improve processes, documentation and strategies with data and technology solutions with tools like Asana, Smart Sheets and Blackbaud.
6. Develop dashboards that provide a clear view of the business by visually translating complex data into actionable insights.
7. Educates and trains stakeholders to use the data as an analytical tool, displaying the information in new forms and content for the purpose of analysis, exploration and storytelling.
8. Documents dashboards, alerts, designs and reports as well as requirements and manuals.
9. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, Marketing Technology, Business or related field is required. Master's degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience telling stories with data using Business Intelligence (BI) tools such as Tableau is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience modeling quantitative data using SAS or SQL is required. Programming knowledge is preferred.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively to update, present, persuade and facilitate discussions with all levels of leadership is required.
- Understanding of relational databases and experience with system analysis is highly desirable.
- Strong SQL coding experience with performance optimization experience for data queries.
- Experience with Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as visual best practices.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, quickly and independently.
- Ability to understand complex business processes and the inter-relatedness of data across an organization.
- Ability to contribute both independently as well as part of a team.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the companys insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!