Slot Training Supervisor - San Manuel Casino
Slot Training Supervisor
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 07, 2021
Mar 25, 2021
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Under the direction of the Slot Relief Floor Manager, the Slot Training Supervisor is responsible for the ongoing coaching, development, and instruction of all Slot Department employees with the goal of increasing efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity, with an emphasis on exceptional customer service. The Slot Training Supervisor is responsible for instruction and development facilitated through courses, handouts, handbooks, and hands-on training. The Slot Training Supervisor works both back of house and on the gaming floor in order to stay current with processes and enterprise practices. Additionally, the Slot Training Supervisor is responsible for assessing, designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating employee training programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Oversees assigned zone(s) of gaming machines with staffing levels of up to 50 employees at a time. Monitors and coordinates activities of Slot department team members, and responds to and follows-up on guest requests and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
2. Creates and implements formalized learning and training curriculum with the goal of increasing efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity, with an emphasis on exceptional customer service; to include facilitation of learning via classes, workshops, hands-on coaching, mentoring, and coordination of peer training, (including the administrative duties to ensure course attendance). Maintains ongoing development of general training instructions, checklists, and visual aids. Maintains and updates individual and departmental training records and files.
3. Conducts new employee orientation for new Slot Department employee hires. This includes on-the-job and classroom training as well as following up on regularly planned schedules to answer employee’s questions and verify job proficiencies.
4. Assists in ensuring policy and procedure compliance via continuous training for all Slot Department employees.
5. Maintains working knowledge of slot machines and slot systems (including ticketing and accounting systems) and applies respective knowledge on an ongoing basis to ensure peak performance of up to 7,500 electronic gaming devices.
6. Successfully completes delegated duties, including projects requiring the gathering of detailed information for meeting project deadlines. Communicates regularly with Slot management via written and verbal methods, regarding updates on current and pending projects.
7. Maintains knowledge of current and upcoming field skills and trends by attending seminars and training sessions with regard to new training ideas or philosophies, changes in Slot Department or enterprise Policy and Procedures, and respective updates within the casino industry.
9. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Bachelors or Associates degree preferred.
Minimum four (4) years slot operations experience required.
Minimum two (2) years slot supervisory experience required.
Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is required.
Must possess an understanding of slot operations and its relation to the organization as a whole.
Must be able to deal effectively with customers in a courteous and professional manner commanding positive results.
Must be able to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing in English; bi-lingual preferred.
Must possess excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
Must be self-motivated and confident.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
State of California Key Employee license required.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!