Vice President of Cage & Credit - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Vice President of Cage & Credit
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
Jan 07, 2021
Nov 21, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Under the direction of the Senior Vice President of Finance, the Vice President of Cage and Credit develops strategic plans and policies, directs and coordinates high volume activities, and manages the execution of tasks for various projects of the Cage Operations Department. This role oversees the ongoing Cage and Credit operations, and contributes to the development, implementation and maintenance of systems, procedures and policies. The Vice President of Cage and Credit uses enterprise knowledge and advanced skills to understand strategic value and relevance of concepts within the San Manuel enterprise, while prioritizing the safeguarding of assets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develops and implements results-driven strategic planning and execution by establishing department goals, objectives, and providing direction, guidance, and support to ensure the successful operation of the Cage Operations Department. Develops short term and long term strategic business plans that support enterprise initiatives for the Casino, enhances quality and service, associated costs, employee development, retention strategies, and employee productivity benchmarks. Directs and monitors fiscal budget, operations of assigned department(s) and marketing strategies to produce both short-term and long-term profitability.
Supervises and partners with the Director of Cage and Credit on development and implementation of the strategic operations in the Cage and Credit Department.
2. Establishes and monitors the Credit team?s compliance with all regulatory and internal control policies and procedures. Leads a culture of responsibility for safety, quality, and guest confidentiality, while enforcing an industry-leading standard in product and service quality, and execution throughout all areas in accordance to SMC standards and expectations (while ensuring best in class scores for all inspections). Ultimately responsible for the development of sound and efficient operating procedures and reports in compliance with all applicable rules and regulations; providing for the security and accountability of casino assets.
3. Establishes process and strategy efficiencies in the casino credit process. Participates as a member of the Credit Committee and is responsible for setting, monitoring and collecting customer credit accounts, issuing credit and collection/credit debt.
4. Participates with other VP leaders in the formulation and execution of enterprise-wide projects and initiatives that adds value to the enterprise and differentiates the enterprise from the competition as an industry leader. Facilitates open communication and collaboration with cross-divisional teams; focusing on continuous improvement efforts in alignment with San Manuel goals and objectives; encourages teamwork within and outside of the department in order to create an exceptional guest experience and build a culture of teamwork, unity, and high performance. Leads the delivery and measurement of guest services consistent with the enterprise?s core service standards and brand attributes.
5. Provides input into the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure the enterprise?s competitive position. Maintains occupational knowledge and skills by conducting research, attending seminars, educational workshops, classes, and conferences.
6. Leads, directs and develops Cage Operations Department management. Drives results through staff professional development and appropriate training programs that monitor results through evaluation, inspection, and analysis. Works closely with department management and Human Resources to resolve employee conflicts.
7. Oversees the team?s knowledge of fraud prevention and credit frauds. Maintains training and certifications applicable to the Cage Operations team members and ensures all training, regulatory, inventory, and team member documentation is complete and up to date. Provides technical guidance and assists with various projects as assigned.
8. Responsible for credit making decisions that are in accordance with casino policy. Participates in external audits, internal audits and other oversight activities. Ultimately responsible for compliance with applicable federal, state, and tribal regulatory and gaming internal control standards, including the effective implementation of all Title 31 and anti-money laundering regulatory requirements such as currency transaction reporting, suspicious activity reporting, and ?know your customer? requirements.
9. Oversees guest service standards, which are consistent with the enterprise's standards and brand attributes, responds to and resolves guest and/or team member complaints in a timely manner, and creatively resolves issues with the ability to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, and determine best practice solutions in order to prevent future potential difficulties.
10. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization?s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Creates a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and team member satisfaction, quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass compliance with the Casino?s policies, legal requirements.
- Manages staff and organize department functions in accordance with casino guidelines. Responsible and accountable for the operation of Cage activities during all shifts. Ensures that all Cage and Credit team members follow Cage policies and procedures.
- Delegates tasks and department assignments or projects, meeting deadlines related to those assignments.
- Develops staff skills to enhance department effectiveness and manage resources to eliminate excess cost or unnecessary expenditures.
- Coordinates scheduling, staffing, development of job descriptions and promotions. Handles issues relating to payroll and Human Resources. Appraises performance, rewards, discipline; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Oversees quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the enterprise?s diversity commitment.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Bachelor?s degree in Business Administration or related field is required.
- Ten (10) years of progression casino experience
- Seven (7) years of casino cage management
- Ten (10) years of credit experience
- Experience leading teams and operational units
- Strong analytical and communication skills and make the most appropriate credit decisions based on the risk level.
- Strong working knowledge of Treasury, Title 31, GCB, and internal control requirements
- Strong working knowledge of all cage areas and casino cage systems
- Knowledge of paperwork flow regarding credits and debits
- Strong knowledge and understanding of fraud prevention and credit scams
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office
- Financial aptitude and management experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to lead and mentor a team
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desired.
A qualified candidate must have and maintain a valid driver?s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the enterprise?s insurance carrier.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
It will open the first phase of its $550 million expansion on July 24 including a new high limit room, restaurant and expanded gaming space. A 17-story hotel will open later this year and an events center early next year. The gaming floor will be expanded to more than 6,500 slot machines from 5,000 and 40 more table games will be added, bringing the total number of tables to 135.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!