Data Analyst I - San Manuel Casino
Data Analyst I
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 07, 2021
May 16, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Under the direction of the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, the Data Analyst I develops, interprets, and implements complex financial and analytical concepts and techniques for financial planning and control regarding management reporting. The Data Analyst I assists management with the interpretation, evaluation and interrelationship of research data and generates integrated enterprise business analysis and projections to facilitate decision-making.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Prepares monthly statistical reports of performance of key revenue centers within the enterprise. Researches, documents, analyzes and reports all relevant financial information regarding operation of business units.
2. Prepares annual revenue forecasts for key revenue centers within enterprise; projecting expected performance of specified KPIs as defined by strategies and goals determined by executive management.
3. Partners with departments across enterprise to develop, evaluate, and revise methodologies for measuring and forecasting performance. Ensures commitment to excellence and quality service to all entities of the enterprise.
4. Conducts special studies to analyze complex financial actions, and prepares recommendation for policy, procedure, control or action. Performs special studies as assigned including preparation of written and/or verbal reports.
5. Conducts and coordinates financial, market, operational, and related research to support strategic and business planning within Department as directed by Senior Data Analyst.
6. Assists with interpretation, evaluation, and interrelationship of research data, and generates integrated business analysis and projections for incorporation into decision-making.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field required.
- Minimum of two years of analytical experience required. Relevant Casino experience highly desirable.
- Equivalent combination of progressive, relevant, and direct experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience utilizing relational databases and Enterprise Data reporting tools.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access is required.
- Employee must have experience demonstrating the utmost discretion and confidentiality as they will have access to confidential information including, but not limited to: customer contact information, customer financial data, and organizational financial data.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!