Senior Title 31 Specialist, Casino Compliance - San Manuel Casino
Senior Title 31 Specialist, Casino Compliance
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 07, 2021
May 15, 2021
Type of Position:
Under the direction of the BSA Compliance Supervisor, the Senior Title 31 Specialist ensures the San Manuel Entertainment Authority is compliant with the Bank Secrecy Act and Patriot Act as it pertains to Indian Casinos. The Senior Title 31 Specialist is responsible for analyzing tracking logs for compliance including, but not limited to investigating and correcting errors and omissions from tracking logs. The Senior Title 31 Specialist partners with department leadership enterprise-wide to report and ensure the addressing of any breaches in the internal controls as it concerns the tracking of Casino patrons under the Bank Secrecy Act. Additionally, the Senior Title 31 Specialist prepares all required documentation for submission to the U.S. Treasury Department. This role takes the lead on special projects as assigned, and assists in guiding and training Title 31 Specialists.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Performs technical, analytical and detail-oriented work, concerned with records of gaming operations, in order to ascertain compliance with established internal controls.
Applies and interprets Bank Secrecy Act and Patriot Act to the day-to-day operations to ensure compliance. Gathers, interprets and analyzes information from multiple player tracking systems, Table Manager, jackpot reporting systems, EZ Pay Bills in reports, credit card advance and check cashing systems, and electronic Multiple Transaction Log /Monetary Instrument Log and or Casino Credit Systems. Analyzes Casino’s systems for unusual activity.
2. Prepares unusual activity reports as identified during the Audit. Generates Internal Control Exception Reports. Responsible for electronically filing (E-File) and amending Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) as needed.
3. Reviews work of designated team members for quality, accuracy, and completeness. Provides advice and guidance to Title 31 Specialists on procedural/technical matters and other areas of expertise. Assigns CTR Workload to Title 31 Specialists. Assists with preparing and reviewing “agent activity” analysis and CTR for E-Filing.
4. Leads designated Department projects and regular operational assignments and ensures all work from team is accurate and completed on time. Assists in development of standard investigative procedures and protocols.
5. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Two (2) years of college level courses in accounting or equivalent at an accredited college preferred.
- Two (2) years experience in a similar position working with Title 31 preferred.
- Six (6) months to one (1) year working in Title 31 Specialist capacity required.
- Experience applying and interpreting the Bank Secrecy Act and Patriot Act to the work environment preferred.
- Possess thorough working knowledge of the Anti-money Laundering policies and procedures for Title 31 transaction reporting departments (i.e., Cage Operations and Table Games), preferred.
- Experience with multiple player tracking systems preferred.
- Able to analyze accounts/transactions and be able to report on anomalies preferred.
- Experience working in a lead capacity, mentoring and guiding teammates.
- Must possess proficient computer skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (MS) (i.e. MS Word, Excel, and MS Outlook.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have and maintain a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the enterprises insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!