Product Manager, Information Technology - San Manuel Casino
Product Manager, Information Technology
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Feb 12, 2021
Mar 25, 2021
Type of Position:
Under the VP of Product Development, the Product Manager I’s primarily responsibility is to have a solid understanding of customer needs and have the ability breakdown small to moderate requirements into manageable, detailed backlog items for product development initiatives as assigned. The Product Manager provides direction to development studios through an agile methodology to include backlog creation, grooming, sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint review and sprint retrospective for the assigned development initiatives. Must also maintain a strict level of confidentiality and act in a manner consistent with all legal and regulatory requirements and in compliance with relevant laws and regulations. The Product Manager I collaborates, initiates, and supports opportunities with other functions by championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that faithfully reflects and upholds the Tribes vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Creates and manages backlog items for various product development initiatives, including business as usual efforts and maintenance efforts of existing solution.
2. Prepares user guidebooks, release notes and other documents as required for successful product launches and upgrades.
3. Backlog grooming with development studio to ensure requirements are fully understood to ensure development meets product objectives.
4. Works with business stakeholders to capture, refine and prioritize feature sets according business needs.
5. Provides clarification to development studio during sprints as required and maintain an expert level understanding of system capabilities and their intended use cases.
6. Responsible for receiving, documenting, and prioritizing enhancement requests to existing products along with working with management to manage increases to project scope.
7. Tracks, records and prioritizes software bugs to be worked on within the sprint process.
8. Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or a related field is required.
- Minimum of one (1-3) year(s) of experience in product management, marketing, administration or related work.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of educational requirement.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules as needed to support offshore development studios.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Certifications such as Pragmatic Marketing, various agile methodologies and/or application-specific accreditation desirable when combined with relevant experience.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!