Casino Custodian/Housekeeper - San Manuel Casino
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 07, 2021
May 16, 2021
Type of Position:
The Housekeeper is responsible for maintaining high standards of extensive cleanliness and sanitation throughout the Casino and at off-site buildings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in promoting brand loyalty by engaging in exceptional customer service to both our external and internal customers.
- Interact with guests by answering questions, providing information, greeting guests, and assisting whenever possible.
- Extensive cleaning and sanitizing of all areas in the front and back of house Casino as well as at off-site locations.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dust furniture and equipment.
- Wash walls, ceilings, windows, door panels, sills, and woodwork.
- Polish metal work.
- Empty and clean ashtrays.
- Empty and clean trash receptacles. Remove and replace trash liners.
- Collect and separate recycle bins.
- Transport trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenish bathroom supplies.
- Clean and maintain flooring by sweeping, moping, waxing, buffing, etc.
- Keep all chemicals in assigned areas with proper labels according to the SDS.
- Arrange furniture and equipment.
- The Housekeeper must follow the required procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing, or moving of objects/materials and/or the clean-up of blood, infectious materials, or body fluids containing blood in accordance with the OSHA Blood-borne Pathogen Standard or San Manuel’s Exposure Control Plan for Blood-borne Pathogens. Maintain stock of cleaning materials and equipment needed to complete duties.
- Notify management of supplies needed or equipment requiring maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one (1) to three (3) months housekeeping experience preferred.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions Environment
The physical requirement demands described here are representatives of those that an employee encounters and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant walking and standing.
- Hearing sufficient to hear conversational levels in person and over the telephone.
- Speech sufficient to make oneself heard and understood in person, in front of groups, in meetings, and over the telephone.
- Visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned, or to make general observations of facilities, guests and employees.
- Strength sufficient to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally: lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Physical activities that apply to the essential functions of the position are: Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions.
- Primary work environment is in a climate - controlled setting.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles including secondhand smoke.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!