Visual Merchandising Supervisor - San Manuel Casino
Visual Merchandising Supervisor
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 07, 2021
Mar 23, 2021
Type of Position:
The Visual Merchandising Supervisor is responsible for the overall creative and development of Visual Merchandising standards across all San Manuel Retail Stores. This position oversees all visual merchandising training, visual directives, store and package design, fixture design and placement while maintaining visual standards. The Visual Merchandising Supervisor researches and analyzes vendors for the cost-effective procurement of current and future orders of visual products and supplies to find ways to reduce costs, improve quality, and provide an overall visually appealing product.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides the direct oversight and daily management of the visual merchandising standards in collaboration with the Director of Retail.
- Develops, plans, and manages all visual needs aligned with capital expense and visual financial budget associated with retail.
- Communicates, develops and trains all retail team members on San Manuel Casino, retail visual standards.
- Oversees all store presentations, window displays, and bi-weekly mannequin looks change in all stores with strong attention to detail in styling, composition and lighting.
- Provides visual trends for the departments and overall company trends for upper management on a quarterly basis.
- Develops and maintains a visual operations calendar to ensure all visual operational objectives by working routinely with store teams to coordinate all merchandising plans, execution and follow up.
- Monitors all POS reports including inventory sell through overviews and in-store merchandising by evaluating and summarizing product data and trends while building a strong store archive.
- Consistently seeks, identifies and procures products from qualified approved vendors offering the lowest prices, best quality products, earliest delivery and favorable credit terms as well as acceptable par levels.
- Performs constant evaluation of vendor/supplier performance to ensure continuous availability of products and/or services; searches and develops alternate suppliers/vendors.
- Maintains an open line of communication with retail store teams, management and buying teams to drive top-level execution and promote strong sales results in the market while adhering to San Manuel Casino business strategies.
- Responsible for assisting the Director of Retail with additional on-going projects and initiatives (tradeshows, fashion markets, new store openings and retail VIP events).
- Applies design practices to communication materials based on store type, capacity, standards, and product assortments.
- Builds trust and rapport with key vendors, internal departments and senior leadership.
- Collaborates with management for problem solving, proactive practices, and performs responsibilities for visual operations within all company standards, policies, and procedures.
- Motivates and mentors retail team members to ensure commitment to excellence and quality service to all entities of the organization.
- Safety Officer for the Retail Department.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelors degree in Fashion Merchandising or related field preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of visual merchandising experience required. Minimum of two (2) years at the management level in visual merchandising required.
- Equivalent combination of education and related experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelors degree.
- Integral knowledge of visual theories, best practices, emerging trends, methodologies and their applications to Visual Merchandising function required.
- Must be experienced with retail inventory management programs; experience with a licensed standard drawing tool used to create flow charts to floor plans.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet research skills required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with cross-functional teams and individuals.
- Strong aesthetic and design skills.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the companys insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!