Director, Hotel Operations - San Manuel Casino
Director, Hotel Operations
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 07, 2021
May 16, 2021
Type of Position:
Under the direction of the Vice President of Hotel Operations, the Director of Hotel Operations runs the hotel as an integral part of the gaming operation. The Director of Hotel Operations ensures all activities of the hotel are in accordance with San Manuel’s objectives, while monitoring guest service and productivity standards with the objective of achieving revenue goals for the casino and hotel along with providing best in class guest service. The Director of Hotel Operations is responsible for the overall management, training, employee engagement, direction and service of the Front Desk Services, Concierge, and Housekeeping departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Directs assigned hotel operational functions, ensuring alignment with the strategic plan and vision. Develops business plans that support enterprise initiatives and enhance quality and service, associated costs, employee development, retention strategies and employee productivity benchmarks. Ensures effective structures, processes, positions, and performance management systems are in place for all hotel operations.
2. Partners with the VP of Hotel Operations and respective enterprise leadership to coordinate and monitor progress of all major hotel projects such as renovations, capital expenditures, equipment changeovers. Actively conducts and participates in research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure competitive position in anticipation of changing guest’s needs within the dynamic hospitality/gaming environment.
3. Monitors fiscal budget, KPI’s yield management of hotel inventory, operations of assigned departments and marketing strategies to produce both short-term and long-term profitability. Monitors all departmental expenses and is prepared to justify expenditures in monthly variance meetings. Prepares Hotel annual budget. Assists with preparation of revenue and occupancy forecasting.
4. Actively monitors advance sales to prevent reservation conflicts with other departments’ events and schedules. Monitors oversold dates to ensure maximization of room revenue. Maximizes room revenue and occupancy by reviewing daily status. Analyzes rate variance, monitors credit reports and maintains close observation of daily house count. Monitors selling status of house daily, i.e. flash report, allowances, etc.
Attends daily and monthly Rooms Merchandizing meetings. Completes monthly forecasts. Develops strategic plans based on the master calendar in alignment with Marketing.
5. Directs the delivery and measurement of guest services within assigned departments consistent with the enterprise’s core service standards. Conducts sign-off of all Service Standards by position. Ensures the maintenance and execution of best-in-class service and drives results through staff professional development and appropriate training programs that monitors results through evaluation, inspection, and analysis. Interfaces with team members frequently and keeps open communication in order to ensure a cohesive, consistent workforce that understands and provides guest service at an exceptional level. Provides vision and direction for department management for all assigned departments.
6. Mentors department leadership, and establishes the parameters that empower and develop managers/supervisors with the authority to accomplish the duties of their assigned positions. Prepares department leadership for succession through development of key identified areas.
7. Responds accordingly to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents promptly and in a courteous manner. Follows-up on outstanding issues to ensure guest satisfaction. Monitors and supports the VIP and guest request processes as well as their respective recognition programs.
8. Monitors all department standards of safety, cleanliness and maintenance to ensure compliance. Works closely with Facilities & EVS to ensure housekeeping/laundry cleaning, sanitation, and presentation standards are met, as well as avoidance of schedule conflicts with other departments.
9. Oversees and partners with management of assigned areas to ensure efficient and appropriate staffing, employee development and training, performance management, and policy enforcement. Actively supports Human Resources with recruiting efforts, and ensures all respective management are compliant with interviewing and hiring policies and procedures.
10. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Degree in hospitality, business administration or related field preferred.
- Background in Rooms and Food & Beverage Operations required.
- Seven (7) years of hotel operations experience in a luxury 4 Diamond hotel, and five (5) years supervisory/management experience required.
- Excellent technical skills to include MS Office, PMS system, Dephi and Oracle.
- Experience budgeting and forecasting for Rooms and Food & Beverage revenues, Cost of Sales, Direct Expenses, labor productivities and capture ratios.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the companys insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans w
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!