IT Business Services Analyst II (Tribal) - San Manuel Casino
IT Business Services Analyst II (Tribal)
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 07, 2021
Mar 25, 2021
Type of Position:
The position’s primary responsibility is to provide operational, product and technology support for the assigned business units and systems. This position will strive to maximize the efficiency of the enterprise through the application of technology by partnering with assigned business units.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and direct projects for assigned business units, which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration and interaction with business sponsors.
- Maintain agreed service level agreements with the business and vendors.
- Maintain understanding of system capabilities and their application to the specific needs of our business.
- Remain current with system enhancements and new products and how they apply to our business.
- Recommend changes to products and processes to improve the manner in which we conduct business.
- Develop and administer application training programs.
- Create and foster collaborative relationships within the IT team to ensure a one team mentality on how we deliver services to our Enterprise.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers and vendors.
- Develop and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options, and communicating these back to the business stakeholders.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements? verbally or through written documentation - to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field is required.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in Information Technology in the Gaming Industry with either a Casino Operator or Gaming Vendor.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement.
- Extensive experience with Gaming and Hospitality Systems, including, but not limited to, Casino Management Systems, Point of Sale Systems, Property Management Systems, Promotional/Marketing Systems, and other industry-specific systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the enterprises core business process and operations.
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Exceptional analytical and statistical skills with the ability to apply them to systems issues and products as required.
- Clear understanding of product management and market placement.
- Demonstrated project management skills and project management software skills.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Certifications such as Project Management Professional, ITIL, Business Analyst Professional and/or application-specific accreditations desirable when combined with relevant experience.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!