Horticulture Manager - San Manuel Casino
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 07, 2021
May 16, 2021
Type of Position:
Under the guidance of the Horticulture Director, the Horticulture Manager is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of indoor and outdoor landscape areas, including all indoor gardens and florals. The Horticulture Manager provides leadership and support to the Landscape, and Florist and Indoor Garden Supervisors to ensure all living plant spaces are maintained with proper and Best in Class quality and aesthetic standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Plans, directs, and leads overall operation of landscaping teams to maintain safe and attractive landscape; including assigning, training and evaluating work. Provides guidance and training to Landscape and Indoor Gardeners and Florist Supervisors to ensure all indoor and outdoor landscape areas are maintained to quality and aesthetic standards. Supervises plant maintenance in exterior and interior landscape to ensure proper maintenance.
2. Prioritizes, coordinates and communicates daily tasks for Indoor and Exterior Team members. Assigned tasks include: Pest control (weeds, insects and disease), trash pick-up, shrub, seasonal color, turf and tree maintenance/replacement, and special events/projects in assigned areas.
3. Conducts daily walks of grounds around facility, (including walkways, entrances, and indoor areas), to identify areas for improvement, specifically beautification. Confirms irrigation is working correctly, and advises irrigation team members of any problems. Ensures all landscaping is pest free; advises Integrated Pest Management Team of any problems.
4. Continuously researches industry innovations and standards to ensure best and most water efficient irrigation systems are used, and industry-leading landscape techniques and designs are incorporated; makes recommendations for upgrades and design plans.
5. Provides professional leadership including planning, project management, scheduling, and purchasing and replacement of equipment.
6. Communicates important matters involving personnel and facilities to Horticulture Director in a timely manner.
7. Interviews and recommends selection of job applicants. Appraises team member performance and conducts informal counseling on work issues. Prepares documentation and improvement plans for deficiencies, and recommends performance recognition and disciplinary actions.
8. Performs other duties as assigned to support efficient operation of Department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Higher education in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years Landscape Experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience leading, supervising, or managing teams.
- Experience in methods and techniques of grounds maintenance and repair of irrigation systems
- Minimum two (2) years experience in interior landscape, preferably in a hospitality environment.
- Knowledge of plant nutrition requirements for various interior plants.
- Knowledge of environmental requirements for various interior plants.
- Knowledge of exterior pests and diseases and methods of control.
- Must be able to follow safety guidelines when using required chemicals, equipment, tools, and techniques while performing job duties.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have and maintain a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the enterprises insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!