Lead Retail Sales Associate - Gift Shop - San Manuel Casino
Lead Retail Sales Associate - Gift Shop
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 07, 2021
Mar 23, 2021
Type of Position:
The Lead Retail Sales Associate thrives on change and is a risk-taker who is highly motivated to make a difference. This position models and leads strategic, catered, and best in class selling behaviors, and assists with maintaining operational excellence for the Retail Department. The Lead Retail Sales Associate works side by side with fellow team members to ensure a memorable guest experience is always provided. Come grow with us to drive positive performance results and help to cultivate our winning team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assists the Retail Supervisor in training Retail Sales Associates to achieving sales goals: leads by example and works along-side store team while modeling service and selling expectations; oversee business/operational expectations when Supervisor is unavailable.
2. Responsible for assisting and overseeing Point of Sales transactions and confirms accuracy of all Point of Sales activities. Responsible to closeout registers of Retail team members at end of each shift. Communicates variance issues and submits discrepancies to Accounting in designated time-frame.
3. Models and improves accurate store operations to optimize productivity and ensure compliance with all Department and enterprise policies and procedures, visual merchandising standards and product flow efficiency, to create an elevated guest experience.
4. Maintains store cleanliness and health and safety measures.
5. Conducts pre-shift huddles to ensure high level of communication throughout team.
6. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- One year of retail sales experience and leadership experience required; specialty retail areas preferred.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, interpersonal and ability to communicate effectively with guests, team members and management.
- Must have the ability to meet or exceed sales, guest service standards.
- Must be comfortable working and speaking with the public.
- Must have basic computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor under stressful situations.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!