Executive Assistant, Legal - San Manuel Casino
Executive Assistant, Legal
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 07, 2021
Mar 23, 2021
Type of Position:
The Executive Assistant, Legal provides administrative support to legal executives and legal professionals (Vice Presidents, managing and staff attorneys) and serves as trained backup in the legal technology systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provides typical professional-level administrative support including preparing and finalizing high level contracts, memoranda, legislation, presentations, PowerPoints, document comparisons, and document management functions. Coordinates and organizes detailed calendars, events, reports, agenda planning and creating presentations. Proofreads and corrects prepared documents; monitors electronic invoicing matters; copying, printing, scanning, assembling and comparing documents; including call, mail and guest handling. Tribal Court filings to support active caseloads, including acquiring working knowledge of Tribal court rules and procedures; travel and MCLE arrangements, expense reports and other tasks as required to support an in-house legal department in a confidential, professional manner.
2. Assists in the drafting and revision of legal documents in accordance with attorneys’ requests and manages key projects for legal department including scheduling document revisions and other priority items.
3. Accurately files correspondence and legal documents in electronic document management system including contract management software program (Conga); supports corporate records retention and maintenance, including monitoring and ensuring compliance with requirements including litigation holds.
4. Tracks and organizing files for important case documents or transactions
5. Coordinates document filing, recording or publishing to effect the legal formation of entities (corporations, limited liability companies, and limited partnerships):
- Checks availability and reserves entity name;
- Prepares entity formation documents;
- Custodian of transactional closing documentation;
- Ongoing Corporate Matters
- Maintains tickler system for regular and annual meetings;
- Coordinates with all departments in order to monitor and effect compliance with all federal, state and local requirements for all entities.
6. Assists with the coordination and management of the departments’ documents in accordance with established tools and resources; ensures compliance with internal document retention policy; ensures department confidence and safeguards operations by keeping information confidential.
7. Responsible for inputting, retrieving and updating information using computerized or web-based databases.
8. Interacts via telephone, email or in person with internal and external business associates, tribal citizens and leaders, dignitaries and inter-agency and political contacts with professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
9. Reviews and ensures accuracy of vendor invoices, including outside counsel invoices, prepares accurate check requests, and timely submit invoices for payment.
10. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Bachelors degree is preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years administrative support to senior executive levels; preferably in an in-house legal department or law firm and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a professional environment where confidentiality, initiative, sound business judgment, attention to detail, a fast pace and a flexible and adaptable approach are valued.
- Advanced level of proficiency working with Microsoft Office suite.
- Intermediate knowledge of legal terminology, syntax, and forms.
- Experience with legal document drafting.
- Ability to prioritize deadlines, organize a diversified workload, and recommend office process improvements as necessary.
- Ability to adapt well to fluctuations in workload and changes in responsibilities
- Working knowledge of online databases and court resources, including Lexis, Serengeti, Westlaw, PACER, and ECF.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion. Exceptional planning and organizational skills with a quality focus and attention to detail and proactivity with ideas and recommendations for productivity and efficiency.
- Extensive experience managing calendars for multiple individuals and determining the priority of meeting requests and events.
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills, grammar, business writing, and editing, proofreading, and presentation preparation skills.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!