Payroll Systems Analyst - San Manuel Casino
Payroll Systems Analyst
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 07, 2021
May 15, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Payroll Systems Analyst will use their detail-oriented, analytical and technical skills to champion the effective use of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) within the Payroll department. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Systems Analyst will provide ongoing technical and payroll support to a variety of applications used in the payroll function including, but not limited to, employee/manager self-service, benefits modules, time and attendance, and payroll processing. The incumbent will serve as a technical point-of-contact for assigned functional areas and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The Payroll Systems Analyst also supports system upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Administers and ensures the overall integrity of the data in the HRIS and serves as subject matter expert for payroll staff, working closely to ensure systems are up-to-date and meet Sam Manuel’s needs.
- Performs routine data audits and analysis and addresses issues with payroll users.
- Provides support for payroll systems including, but not limited to, researching and resolving payroll problems, unexpected results or process flaws; perform scheduled activities; recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Collects data, compiles, writes and generates a variety of reports from database reflecting key payroll-related metrics and analytics.
- Serves as liaison between Payroll, Human Resources, and Information Technology (IT) departments as well as external technical support vendor teams to provide systems support and analysis and to leverage technology solutions to meet the needs of Payroll and users of the HRIS throughout the enterprise.
- Assists management in identifying and analyzing options and recommends process enhancements.
- Assists department staff with technical issues related to the use of HRIS system. Assists staff in the creation of more difficult queries to select and compile information from the HRIS system as needed.
- Executes project timelines and communicates progress updates to senior management.
- Assists with project oversight from design through implementation including identifying, tracking, monitoring and communicating project-related issues, scope changes, variances and contingencies that occur during the course of projects. Monitors project work to ensure that progress is maintained within expected guidelines and is completed on a timely basis.
- Creates test scenarios and assists project team members in performing tests to insure all processes work according to predetermined goals.
- Leads and conducts end-user training on HRIS systems and report writing.
- Acts as functional report writing administrator.
- Responds to employee/manager inquiries regarding San Manuel’s employee/manager self- service portal.
- Performs payroll processing functions including, but not limited to, reviewing time data entry for accuracy, reviewing manual deductions and retroactive hours, and loading electronic files.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Human Resources or related field required.
- 5 years experience with HRIS/payroll data quality, data stewardship or data management with at least 2 years developing queries in HRIS/payroll for more complex analysis is required.
- Advanced knowledge of HR data management, database report writing and reporting is required.
- Advanced knowledge of payroll best practices is required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement.
- Excel and integrated HRIS/payroll systems experience highly preferred.
- Specific knowledge of SelfService, Compensation, Benefits, Performance Management, and Timekeeping modules is a must.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the companys insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!