IT, Service Desk Supervisor - San Manuel Casino
IT, Service Desk Supervisor
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Feb 04, 2021
Mar 28, 2021
Type of Position:
Under the direction of the IT (Information Technology) Service Desk Manager, the IT Service Desk Supervisor will carry out various operational strategies by communicating and implementing department objectives. Additionally, the IT Service Desk Supervisor is responsible for coaching, mentoring, motivating and leading-by-example a team of Service Desk Analysts and Network Technicians.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Adheres to and leads technical teams on Department directives and objectives.
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees during assigned shift; ensures fairness and equal opportunity in hiring and promotions.
- Monitors, evaluates and verifies employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques.
- Monitors and evaluates existing systems and equipment; initiates changes to maximize efficiency.
- Reviews and analyzes client needs. Makes recommendations regarding software upgrades and equipment; responds to user requests for assistance.
- Creates and maintains various high quality and presentable reports to Management.
- Assists in the preparation of short-term and long-term strategic goals as it relates to operational needs.
- Provides coordination and leadership with Project Managers over low and high profile projects.
- If needed, performs technical duties to provide support to internal customers.
- Identifies areas for continuous service improvements.
- Other responsibilities, duties, tasks and assignments that contribute to the mitigation or response to the COVID-19 public health emergency
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field required.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a Team Lead or Supervisory role required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience as a hand-on IT Service Desk Tech, IT Field Support Operations Tech highly preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Experience in analyzing, creating and disseminating various Operational metrics.
- Intermediate proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, MS Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that a non-technical end user and/or senior executive can understand.
- Proven ability to create a positive and professional business relationship with internal and external clients as well as third-party service/product providers.
- Employee must have experience demonstrating the utmost discretion and confidentiality in handling private information.
- Proficiency with VMware, Active Directory, Networking and Gaming Applications preferred.
- Experience in the Casino and/or Gaming industry preferred.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Prefer ITIL Foundation, A+, Network+ Security+, MCP/MCSA, CISSP/CCNA, HDI SCA certifications
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!