Financial Controller - Bally's Atlantic City
57675 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Bally's Atlantic City
Atlantic City, New Jersey 08401
Jan 13, 2021
Apr 02, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Financial Controller directs the activities and functions of the finance, accounting, shipping & receiving, audit, and purchasing departments. Direct the formulation and administration of policies and procedures for the finance division.
- Manage the formulation and administration of division and departmental policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement department goals and objectives.
- Direct, manage and coordinate all activities of the Accounting, Finance, Shipping & Receiving, Audit and Purchasing departments.
- Direct and manage all company accounting practices, budgeting, reporting and audit.
- Direct and manage all financial system applications.
- Review analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Review the performance of direct reports; completes and/or approves performance appraisals and corrective counseling initiated by direct reports.
- Strive for optimum performance by recommending and implementing methods to improve productivity, increase effectiveness and reduce expenses.
- Manage the formulation of departmental budgets.
- Coordinate financial statements, reports and analyses.
- Manage the creation of and monitor the company budget.
- Safeguard company assets.
- Manages daily banking functions including ACHs and Wires.
- Ensure compliance with all reporting requirements.
- Participants in the management of benefit plan assets.
- Manage the development of all financial statements for new operating areas as the company grows.
- Ensure compliance with company standards and policies regarding the hiring, training, coaching and counseling of all departmental employees.
- Oversees the selection and hiring of staff
- Ensures compliance with the performance evaluation process
- Reviews and approves employee training programs
- Ensures effective communication among and between all department staff
- Oversees departmental reward, appreciation and recognition efforts
- Coaches, counsels, disciplines subordinate staff as appropriate, up to and including termination
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or related field or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 7 – 10 years experience in financial management required in the gaming industry
- Experience in all financial analyses required
- Must possess exceptional leadership skills with ability to direct the workforce, to provide support to staff and to delegate job duties
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Must possess exceptional team building, motivating and mentoring skills
- Must possess exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Must be analytical and able to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations
- Must present an overall professional appearance
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and nights as needed
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check and receive a license from the New Jersey Casino Control Commission
The above description denotes some of the specific characteristics which are necessary to perform the principle functions of the job and are not intended to be a description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Bally’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume into the Applicant Tracking report. If you do not have an online resume posted with Casino Careers, you may post a resume now, and you may also email this Employer using the Email Employer button.
Bally’s Atlantic City
1900 Pacific Avenue
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
Bally's Corporation currently owns and manages 11 casinos across seven states, a horse racetrack, and 13 authorized OTB licenses in Colorado. With more than 5,400 employees, the Company's operations include 11,859 slot machines, 405 gaming tables and 2,538 hotel rooms. Properties include Twin River Casino Hotel (Lincoln, RI), Tiverton Casino Hotel (Tiverton, RI), Hard Rock Hotel & Casino (Biloxi, MS), Casino Vicksburg (Vicksburg, MS), Eldorado Resort Casino Shreveport (Shreveport, LA), Dover Downs Hotel & Casino (Dover, DE), Bally's Atlantic City (Atlantic City, NJ), Casino KC (Kansas City, MO), Golden Gates Casino (Black Hawk, CO), Golden Gulch Casino (Black Hawk, CO), Mardi Gras Casino (Black Hawk, CO), and Arapahoe Park racetrack (Aurora, CO). Following the completion of pending acquisitions, which include Tropicana Evansville (Evansville, IN), Jumer's Casino & Hotel (Rock Island, IL), and MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa (Lake Tahoe, NV), the Company will own and manage 14 casinos across 10 states. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "BALY."
Our new ocean front Bally’s Atlantic City acquisition features world-class accommodations in over 1,200 rooms. The casino offers more than 1,700 gaming machines, over 100 table games, as well as a poker room and sportsbook. Guests can enjoy over 15 food & beverage venues, a retail promenade, indoor pool, spa and a fitness center. The facility also offers over 75,000 sq. ft of event and convention space.