Director, Centralized Scheduling - San Manuel Casino
Director, Centralized Scheduling
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Dec 16, 2020
Mar 28, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Reporting to the Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis the Director of Centralized Scheduling will oversee the implementation of a comprehensive Centralized Scheduling Strategy for all hourly employees. Partner with department leaders to determine the appropriate staffing levels based on occupancy volumes, desired service levels for all areas of the property. The Director partners with property management to optimize scheduling in relationship to forecasted volumes. This position will be a subject matter expert in using Virtual Roster and provide best practices to maximize efficiency of labor productivity. The Director, Centralized Scheduling will help to improve employee satisfaction and reduce attrition through better scheduling and available PTO.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement Centralized Scheduling departmental policies and procedures as directed by the VP of Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Creates the strategic plan for Centralized Scheduling consistent with the strategic vision of the San Manuel Casino.
- Collaborate with the Casino operating departments’ leadership to meet or exceed targets and ensure strategic alignment as it pertains to our hourly workforce.
- Partner with FP&A labor analysts to leverage our systems and data asset to support strategic and tactical decision making.
- Develop and implement department goals for the entire property in regards to FTE’s, vacation quotas, and scheduling.
- Performs special ad-hoc reports working with senior management and auditing Virtual Roster for cost savings opportunities.
- Develop and coordinate standardized processes and policies for every department at San Manuel Casino.
- Analyze staffing data provided by department and Finance and make recommendations to senior management.
- Adjust staffing needs based on special events, large party reservations, and table games/slot tournaments while maintaining compliance with scheduling to include departments covered by collective bargaining agreements.
- Work with complex department heads to adjust staffing models and approve schedule changes independently as necessary.
- Actively advise and provide guidance to the business units around scheduling, labor management, and leave management.
- Reviews work of labor and scheduling analysts for quality and accuracy. Mentors and coaches labor and scheduling analysts. Performs all functions with the highest level of integrity on a timely basis and in a professional manner.
- Other job related duties as requested.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- 10 years of relevant management experience in the Casino or Hospitality industries.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Must be subject matter expert in using Virtual Roster.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with all levels of management including senior executives and operating property leadership.
- Must have intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong background in statistical analysis, and exceptional critical thinking skills as well as the ability to master new concepts, technologies and industry trends quickly.
- Employee must have experience demonstrating the utmost discretion and confidentiality as they will have access to confidential information including, but not limited to: customer contact information, customer financial data, and organizational financial data.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!