JOY Lead Cook - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
JOY Lead Cook
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203
Apr 08, 2021
Aug 26, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
- Carry out the policies of the department and company.
- Responsible for preparation of food items according to specified standards.
- Assist in all areas of kitchen production.
- Help maintain proper sanitation in all areas.
- Help stock and rotate product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Advanced knowledge of Asian food products and preparation.
- Able to direct and lead the cooks and able to manage kitchen in the absence of the chef and sous chefs.
- Able to maintain proper use, cleaning and handling of all equipment and product.
- Can assist in any area of kitchen as needed.
- Knowledge of Asian sauces, soups and other cooking preparations required.
- Knowledge of proper meat temperatures required.
- Knowledge of kitchen and storage rotation.
- Must ensure the highest degree of sanitation is kept to at all times.
- Must maintain proper uniform and nametag at all times.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Prior line cooking experience preferred with knowledge of wok cooking.
This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic knife handling skills.
- Basic cooking knowledge.
- Basic math skills.
- Written and verbal understanding of English.
- Sanitation certificate and/or serve safe license required.
Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise. Work entails various conditions of noise levels, temperature, illumination, air quality, crowding, balance and handling of sharp and hot objects. Long hours with over time required at times. Work requires knowledge and use of chemicals and electrical equipment.
The Company provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision care, life insurance and a 401(k) Retirement Plan. In addition to these benefits you are entitled to paid time off (PTO), an employee assistance program (EAP) and more!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique , LIT bar & lounge, and the 12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.