Human Resources Recruiter - Sign on Bonus $500 - Spotlight 29 Casino
Human Resources Recruiter - Sign on Bonus $500
Spotlight 29 Casino
Coachella, California 92236
Sep 17, 2021
Jan 02, 2022
Type of Position:
We are seeking a talented, skilled and experienced Human Resources Recruiter to join our growing organization. In this position, the Human Resources Recruiter will be assisting the Human Resources Recruiting Manager with interviewing, screening, testing, and referring applicants for job openings throughout the Organization. May assist with job description updates by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement: “We are here for the guest. Period.”
- Review applications and prescreen applicants to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, and salary requirements, while providing information concerning the organization, the job opportunities available, and employee benefits.
- Acquires independent judgment and discretion to do initial screening and reject applicants from Human Resources and/or department management.
- Keep all job openings updated and posted throughout the Organizations employee information boards.
- Initiate contact with potentially qualified candidates for specific job openings.
- Screen and refer candidates for additional interviews with Management in the organization.
- Send selected candidates for preliminary drug screen and pre-employment physical.
- Coordinate communication with applicants.
- Coordinating new hires with New Hire/Onboarding process.
- Track the progress of applicants through the hiring process until clearance is received from Gaming Commission.
- Assist the HR Recruiting Manager by developing and maintaining contacts, to include schools, alumni groups, and other public agencies to identify sources of qualified candidates.
- Coordinate the Casino’s participation in the setup of displays and recruit applicants at job fairs.
- Make public presentations at schools, organizations, and job fairs promoting the organization, its job opportunities, and employee benefits.
- Placing all job advertisements on social media platforms and Organizations career site.
- Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements, contacting recruiters, and using newsgroups and job sites.
- Act as liaison with employment agencies, college and industry associations.
- Staying current on the company’s organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Review and edit job descriptions.
- Assist with translation of documents as needed.
- Assist and participate in the compilation of wage surveys and compensation analysis.
- Assist with Training, New Hire Orientation, Employee Events, and Recognition Programs.
- Generate and analyze turnover report for all tribal entities.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present a positive image of the Tribe to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled office safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Education and Experience
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred.
- 2-4-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience highly preferred.
Certification, Licenses and Additional Requirements
- Must have California Driver’s License or valid I.D.
- Must pass periodic random drug screens and pre-employment physical
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish preferred
- Able to uphold a high level of confidentiality
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License
BE PART OF THE SPOTLIGHT 29 TEAM! WE ARE OFFERING NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS $500!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button which will submit your Casino Careers resume. You may also use the Email Employer button to submit your resume and cover letter.
If you don’t have a resume and would like to complete a written application, please stop by our offices Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
We are located on the Second Floor by the escalators next to Blue Bar. Covered parking is available. Please be aware you’ll be required to wear a face mask and your temperature will be taken by security personnel. Please bring photo ID in case you we need you to obtain a Guest Pass for interviewing with us. Thank you!
Spotlight 29 Casino
46-200 Harrison Place
Coachella, CA 92236
Web Site: https://www.spotlight29.com
Be Part of Our Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians.
As one of the larger employers of the Coachella Valley, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, training & development, rewards and recognition, and much more.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents our casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Check out our other Casino...
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members.
The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.