Slot Performance Analyst - San Manuel Casino
Slot Performance Analyst
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Dec 28, 2020
Feb 17, 2021
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
The Slot Performance Analyst will provide insights and report on findings via data visualizations and stories derived from various sources related to project and initiative activities for the Slot Department. By exploring market trends, competitors, players, the Performance Analyst will help to foster a data driven environment through the creation of models and analysis that drive revenue, profit and rated slot play. This individual will coordinate with internal operations, external agencies and slot vendors to collect and retrieve data required for research projects.
Under the direction of the Slot Performance Manager, the Performance Analyst is responsible for creating and curating decision based reporting utilizing slot and player related data. The Performance Analyst will execute ad-hoc and recurring reports to inform on the efficacy of slot projects and to aid in the discovery of additional revenue generating opportunities as well as quantify anticipated benefits for prioritization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Applies knowledge of gaming machines, gaming systems, slot accounting systems, and slot performance systems to provide procedures, analysis, reports and recommendations to Slot Management.
- Build business intelligence, reports and dashboards using a combination of software such as Microsoft Excel, Tableau, SAS Enterprise Guide and VizExplorer that include customer behavior or trends based on slot and player data.
- Conduct market research for determining what product is leading the industry, understanding customer needs, and analyzing competitors.
- Generate reports that analyze customers, product, and project activities using charts, graphs, explanatory text and developed ROI formats.
- Assists in the development of capital expenditure plans for slot product and components using ROI formats.
- Regularly monitors and reports on the cost of acquisition of slot product and components.
- Provides in-depth analytical reporting on slot financials on a recurring basis.
- Creates advanced predictive models to measure expected effects of slot changes.
- Provides current gaming information after careful vendor research of gaming components and systems of potential vendors and evaluates proposals.
- Presents reports in meetings with staff and management.
- Sets benchmarks for departmental goals/initiatives and measures efficacy via data reporting.
- Perform special studies as assigned, including preparation of written and/or verbal reports.
- Oversee all department presentation materials, including but not limited to, final reports, PowerPoint presentations, and all electronic presentation deliverables.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Economics, Business, Finance, Mathematics, or related field preferred.
- One (1) year experience in slot operations, including machine set-up, evaluation and reporting, or equivalent financial analysis experience preferred.
- Experience with data visualization, reporting & dash boarding tools such as SAS visual Analytics or Tableau preferred.
- Experience with scripting languages like SAS, Python or SQL preferred.
- Must be able to work in fast paced, high performance environment with tight deadlines.
- Requires ability to think critically and independently, while at the same time the ability to know when to ask for help; requires excellent common sense.
- Ability to self-manage project based upon defined timelines and variable outcomes required.
- Ability to complete projects that require long hours prepping presentation materials from not just a content, but even “making them dynamic” perspective.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!