Security Officer I & II - Spirit Mountain Casino
Security Officer I & II
Spirit Mountain Casino
Grand Ronde, Oregon 97347
Dec 18, 2020
Feb 26, 2021
Type of Position:
The Security Officer patrols Casino and Casino premises to maintain order, enforce regulations and ensure observance of applicable laws and regulation. The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by this position. Employee(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
Essential Job Functions
- Patrols grounds, lobbies, corridors, and public rooms.
- Investigates crimes, including thefts, domestic disturbances, alcohol-related incidents, vandalism, gang activity, drug-related activity, and prostitution.
- Answers incoming phone calls and directs appropriately to dispatch, security podium and employee entrance areas.
- Enforces compliance with Gaming Regulations, Minimum Internal Controls Standards, Casino Policies and Procedures, and Local, State, and Federal laws.
- Monitors and observes the consumption and service of alcoholic beverages and removes guests in violation of casino policies and procedures. Enforces OLCC laws and rules.
- Protects money room, administrative offices and other areas of the Casino and Lodge.
- Properly identifies all employees entering the business.
- Performs funds verifications, table games and slot machine drops, and transports of funds between departments, including fills, credits and escorts or funds and personnel.
- Warns or excludes guests that are in violation of Casino policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and conditions requiring correction; writes reports including actions taken.
- Responds to emergency medical calls, including life threatening situation and deaths.
- Provides traffic control, implements evacuation plans and routes and maintains crowd control at entry points when necessary.
- Set up temporary landing zones for Life Flight helicopters.
- May perform generator checks on regular basis and patrol RV lot to ensure all overnight guests have registered.
Spirit Mountain Standards
- Delivers Spirit Mountain’s Spirit of Excellence (SOE) by consistently modeling attitudes and behaviors in alignment with SMGI’s Pride Values, Brand Promise, and Business Vision.
- Learns comprehends and complies with all Company and departmental policies and procedures, MICS, gaming regulations, and Regulation Chapter 5 requirements.
- Follows all Corporate and departmental safety policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge Of
- Principles, practices, and techniques of providing security services.
- Tactics and methods of self-defense.
- Computer hardware and software applications.
Required Skill In
- Providing safety and security services.
- Confronting and physically restraining aggressive, violent, or abusive people.
- Performing alcohol intervention techniques.
- Operating computer hardware and software applications.
- Communicating both orally and in writing.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
Education, Experience, Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent, and six (6) months guest service, security, military, law enforcement, corrections, firefighter, or emergency medical services work experience, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. In the case that guest service is the only experience; the casino will provide new hires security training at the Security department’s expense.
- High security gaming license issued by the Grand Ronde Gaming Commission.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and be eligible for the company insurance.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain First Aid and CPR Certification within six months of employment.
- Must successfully pass testing related to following skills: typing, customer service mindset and report writing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work is normally performed in a gaming environment, frequently exposed to loud noise and tobacco smoke.
- Work is normally subject to frequent standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching, kneeling and routine lifting of objects up to 25 pounds, with occasional lifting and/or moving of objects up to 200 pounds with or without assistance.
- Routine use of hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasional exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather, and Oleo Resin Capsicum.
- Must be able to pass random drug tests in accordance with Company policy.
Equipment and Tools Utilized
- Equipment utilized includes personal computer, standard office equipment, equipment used in the provision of emergency and security services such as latex gloves, sharp shuttles, scissors, ID checker, handcuffs, flashlights, jump pack, lug wrench, car jack, telephone, audio/video equipment, two-way radio, and department vehicles.
Salary Range: $14.09 – $15.90 Per Hour ~ Hire-On Bonus up to $1,000.00
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Spirit Mountain Casino
27100 SW Salmon River Hwy
Grand Ronde, OR 97347
Spirit Mountain Casino located near Oregon’s “Coast Range,” near the beautiful Willamette Valley and Oregon’s “Wine Country, is a short drive from Portland, Salem, and McMinnville. The Las Vegas-style 90,000 sq. ft. casino offers 1,800 slot machines and 24 table games, including Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, Pai Gow, Let It Ride, and Three Card Poker, as well as a Poker Room, Bingo and Keno.
Guests can stay at the Lodge’s 254 guest rooms and enjoy five food & beverage venues, which include the Cedar Plank Buffet, Legends Restaurant, Summit View Lounge, Coyote Expresso Bar, and the Mountain View Sports Bar.
In addition to live entertainment in the 1,600 seat Event Center, and special events, there is 17,500 square feet of meeting and banquet space, an arcade, gift shop, convenience store and free RV Parking.
Spirit Mountain Casino is proud to offer a competitive, comprehensive benefits package which includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision and Pharmacy Coverage*
Other Insurance Plans such as Company provided Life Insurance, and voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Group Accident, Critical Illness, Short Term Disability, and Flexible Spending Account*
Paid Time Off*
401k with a 6% dollar for dollar Company match**
Employee Discount Program
*Full Time Employees
**After 1 year of service