Security Guard - Pittsburgh - Live! Casino Pittsburgh
Security Guard - Pittsburgh
Live! Casino Pittsburgh
Greensburg, Pennsylvania 15601
Nov 19, 2020
Feb 25, 2021
Type of Position:
Function (Scope and Main Purpose of Job)
The Security Ambassador is responsible to ensure the safety and security of our guests, team members and company assets while providing excellent customer service. The focus shall always be on ensuring a safe and comfortable environment while maintaining a positive can do attitude with an emphasis on the highest level of guest service for both external and internal guests to Live! Casino.
*Pending PGCB Approval
Core Service Standards
CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Greet guests with a smile and a warm welcome
- Check ID cards of guests entering the casino and hotels. Refuse to admit persons under the age of 21 and who cannot show proper authorization or who are carrying weapons or other prohibited items
- Explain the rules, regulations and code of conduct for the casino and hotels
- Interact with the public in a professional manner when providing assistance, giving directions and responding to inquiries
- Assist with customer disputes, intoxicated subjects, criminal matters and traffic control
- Resolve complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refer to management
- Notify supervisor, manager, surveillance and/or Casino Operations Manager of any unusual events, incidents or crimes
- Respond to medical or fire emergencies, such as sick or injured guests.
- Operate the Security Dispatch Office and communicate via two-way radio and telephone as required
- Man the Employee/Visitor Entrance ensuring only authorized personnel enter; maintain a log of visitors and vendors visiting the facilities
- Monitor guest and team member passage in and out of restaurants and gaming areas
- Control traffic congestion in the valet and parking areas
- Write and investigate first reports of injury
- React to guests and team member incidents and accidents
- Assist in transporting money, chips, tokens, and markers
- Responsible for checking for and reporting safety hazards
- Ensure the safety and security of all guests and team members
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements (skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Ability to write reports.
- Ability to use a telephone properly.
- Ability to read and understand memos.
- Ability to multi task.
- Good customer service skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Ability to perform duties under frequent time pressure in an interruptive environment
- Ability to be alert at all times.
- Dexterity will be required to perform day to day activities and during an emergency.
- Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- Experience: One (1) to two (2) years' experience in security with a focus on guest service is preferred.
- License: Must be able to comply with all state gaming regulations, which may include obtaining a license
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures (both hot and cold).
- Ability to run, stoop, bend and reach outward and above the head.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to ride a bicycle.
- Ability to operate and ride a Segway and / or other vehicles.
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 100,000 sq. ft of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 500 employees
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Live! Casino Pittsburgh
5260 Route 30
Greensburg, PA 15601
Live! Casino Pittsburgh opening in late 2020, is a $150-million, first-class gaming, dining and entertainment destination in Hempfield Township, Westmoreland County, approximately 30 miles from downtown Pittsburgh. Conveniently situated directly off Route 30 at the popular Westmoreland Mall development, the 100,000-square-foot facility will feature 750 slots and approximately 30 live-action table games, plus a FanDuel Sportsbook.
It also will provide nationally recognized restaurants and live entertainment venues, including Sports & Social Steel City, a one-of-a-kind sports restaurant, gaming venue and social lounge that will offer guests the ultimate sports fan experience. Live! Casino will be developed, owned and managed by Stadium Casino Westmoreland RE LLC, an affiliate of The Cordish Companies, the premier developer of Live! dining, entertainment, gaming, hotel and sports-anchored destinations in the country.
Live! Casino is projected to generate $200 million in annual economic impact, with an additional $148 million in economic impact from construction, including approximately 960 direct and indirect construction jobs, plus more than 500 permanent new jobs for local and regional residents.