Surveillance Observer - Spotlight 29 Casino
Spotlight 29 Casino
Coachella, California 92236
May 10, 2021
Jun 10, 2021
Type of Position:
The Surveillance Observer is responsible to observe and report incidents that might jeopardize the Tribal assets, safety of team members, patrons and the integrity of the games in Spotlight 29 and Tortoise Rock Casino. This is a position of high sensitivity and integrity. It is the Mission of the Tribe and All Gaming Operations to provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement: “We are here for the guest. Period.”
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement: “We are here for the guest. Period.”
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State and Tribal – State Compact, Tribal, NIGC (National Indian Gaming Commission), Gaming Commission, Regulations, Policies and Procedures, MICS (Minimum Internal Control Standards) and TICS (Tribal Internal Control Standards).
- Responsible for video Surveillance of activities throughout Spotlight 29, Tortoise Rock Casino and surrounding property.
- Observe and Report any illegal activities, violations of gaming regulatory procedures for all revenue generation areas and others throughout Spotlight 29 and Tortoise Rock Casino.
- Keep logs and other documents as required by departmental policy.
- Communicate and coordinate with Casino Directors, General Manager, Public Safety, Gaming Control Board, Human Resources, legal court systems and/or the Tribe on an as needed basis verbally or in writing.
- Know or have the ability to learn all table and video games in order to document, track, and report cheats and scams.
- Attend meetings when requested and be prepared to present reports.
- Follow all safety practices and procedures and attend all scheduled Safety meetings and TERC training meetings, and all other recommended training as a condition of employment.
- Present a positive image of the Casino to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years related or gaming enforcement experience
Certification, Licenses and Additional Requirements
- Must pass pre-employment physical
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment
- Able to uphold a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to manually operate various closed circuit video equipment, changing recording material as necessary
- Ability to maneuver and view action throughout entire Casino whenever patrol function is necessary
- Integrity and good work ethic required
- Able to work with little or no supervision
- Able to work overtime if required including weekends, evenings and early mornings
- Good understanding of the English language including spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Shift rotation is required
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
If you don’t have a resume and would like to complete a written application, please stop by our offices Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
We are located on the Second Floor by the escalators next to Blue Bar. Covered parking is available. Please be aware you’ll be required to wear a face mask and your temperature will be taken by security personnel. Please bring photo ID in case you we need you to obtain a Guest Pass for interviewing with us. Thank you!
Spotlight 29 Casino
46-200 Harrison Place
Coachella, CA 92236
Web Site: https://www.spotlight29.com
Be Part of Our Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Cahuilla Indians.
As one of the larger employers of the Coachella Valley, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, training & development, rewards and recognition, and much more.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents our casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Check out our other Casino...
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members.
The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.