IT Systems Engineer-Sign on Bonus $500! - Spotlight 29 Casino
IT Systems Engineer-Sign on Bonus $500!
Spotlight 29 Casino
Coachella, California 92236
Jun 15, 2021
Oct 15, 2021
Type of Position:
We are seeking an experience, skilled information technology candidate to join our growing organization. In this position, the IT Systems Engineer, will be responsible for designing, delivering, and supporting the company's infrastructure comprising of virtual Windows environment. You'll be working on new projects; migrating the company's in-house systems to new virtualization and cloud systems with other duties such as improving the availability and performance of the systems, automating manual processes, and developing the technology roadmap. Will be responsible for maintenance and administration of IBM iSeries (servers, multiple partitions), including message handling, command line utilities, work management, job and print control, device management, system configuration, system security, backup and restore, file transfer integration and PTF management. Experience with change management tools helpful.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least three (3) years of hands-on experience supporting IBM iSeries environments in a corporate environment.
- Assist in daily administration of IBM iSeries computer hardware and software.
- Assist in installation, configuration and maintenance of IBM iSeries hardware, software, networked devices, journaling, and IBM iAccess software.
- Develop, document and maintain procedures for system utilities such as backup/restore, performance tuning and configuration of environments as well as incremental backups as required.
- Load and test operating system and application software releases and fixes in both development/test and productions environments; load application software patches; performance and file tuning utilities.
- Document and implement application specific security groups and classes. Provide cross-training for other team members in the use of IBM i administrative skills.
- Properly maintains all logs, runs backups and recovery procedures.
- Maintains the confidentiality of IT systems, their applications and employees.
- Maintains tape library, logging tapes for storage and assures that all backups go off-site on rotating basis.
- Manages and maintains the operating system of the AS/400 servers.
- Assists in the planning and the coordination of systems and application software installations and maintenance.
- Ability to troubleshoot areas, place service calls and keep management informed of critical situations.
- Completes production and special assignments as required.
- May be placed on-call and may be required to respond during non-scheduled hours.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present a positive image of the Tribe to its guests, vendors, and employees and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- College degree or certification in Information Technology
- Solid Windows server and storage experience with installing and maintaining
- Developing, configuring, and administrating Microsoft products
- Experience with VMWare and other virtualization environments
- Experience with DNS and other internet technologies
- Scientific Games, AS400, Cisco, VoIP, HTML
- Extensive experience with iSeries operating systems and hardware
- Knowledge of Scientific Games casino systems, Infinium and materials management applications highly preferred
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in related field
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a California driver's license or a California Identification Card.
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation.
- Must be able to obtain Tribal Key Gaming License.
- Must pass pre-employment physical
BE PART OF THE SPOTLIGHT 29 TEAM! WE ARE OFFERING NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS $500!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
If you don’t have a resume and would like to complete a written application, please stop by our offices Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
We are located on the Second Floor by the escalators next to Blue Bar. Covered parking is available. Please be aware you’ll be required to wear a face mask and your temperature will be taken by security personnel. Please bring photo ID in case you we need you to obtain a Guest Pass for interviewing with us. Thank you!
Spotlight 29 Casino
46-200 Harrison Place
Coachella, CA 92236
Web Site: https://www.spotlight29.com
Be Part of Our Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Cahuilla Indians.
As one of the larger employers of the Coachella Valley, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, training & development, rewards and recognition, and much more.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents our casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Check out our other Casino...
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members.
The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.