Host/Hostess - Prime Rib - Maryland - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Host/Hostess - Prime Rib - Maryland
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Jan 02, 2021
Feb 18, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Greets restaurant guests with a positive, friendly attitude. Ensures guests are seated in a timely manner, and that the guest has a favorable dining experience.
Core Service Standards
CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
Fast: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Greeting / welcoming and seating guests.
- Assign wait staff to service guests in their sections.
- Answering phone, greeting customers, and keeping track of seat availability in restaurant.
- Assisting wait/bar staff.
- Responsible for assisting with bussing and resetting tables.
- Responsible for cleaning host area and entrance to the restaurant.
- Ensure the safety and security of employees and customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements (skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Must have upbeat, outgoing and positive attitude.
- Must be able to communicate in English fluently and in a professional manner.
- Must be available to work all shifts; to include day, swing, weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressure in an interruptive environment.
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a loud, high-energy 24-hour work environment.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Education: A high school diploma or equivalent GED is required.
- Experience: Customer service experience dealing directly with customers.
- License: Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license as required by the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Commission.
- Ability to stand and walk for duration of shift.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to bend, stoop and reach, while assisting guests.
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 300,000 sq. ft of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 3000 employees.
- May be exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Maryland.
Please click on Apply Now to submit your Casino Careers resume and you will be directed to our Career Page where you must complete our Employment Application to be considered.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland
7002 Arundel Mills Cir #7777
Hanover, MD 21076
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is located in the Washington DC/Baltimore corridor at Arundel Mills. Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country. The property features more than 200 live action table games, including a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 slot machines, two High Limit rooms, and the Orchid Gaming & Smoking Patio.
Guests can enjoy five-star accommodations including The Live! Lofts boutique hotel, located just minutes from the Casino. The Live! features 250 guest rooms and suites, and approximately 3,400-square-feet of meeting and banquet space.
A variety of irresistible dining options include the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; David’s, featuring global cuisine; Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Luk Fu and 8 at Luk Fu, serving authentic sushi and Asian cuisine; Morty’s Deli; Latin cuisine at En Vivo; Phillips® Seafood Express; and Luckies, offering Starbucks coffee, pastries, and Italian gelato; and a sizzling nightlife, including nightly entertainment at Live! Center Stage; the R Bar; and The Lobby Bar at David’s.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
A 4,000-seat Event Center, opening in two phases, features 40,000-square-feet of meeting and banquet space, and a performance venue with a regular lineup of headline entertainment completes the Live! experience.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.