Poker Shift Manager - Philadelphia - Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia
Poker Shift Manager - Philadelphia
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19148
Nov 17, 2020
Feb 18, 2021
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Function (Scope and Main Purpose of Job)
The Poker Pit Manager is accountable and responsible for overseeing the smooth operation of the poker tables.
*Pending PGCB approval*
Core Service Standards
CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible to the Director of Poker Operations for successful performance of assigned duties
- Responsible for the supervision and performance of the Dual-Rate Pit Managers, Floor Supervisors, Dealers, Brush, Chip Runners, and Dual-Rate Dealers
- Assists and advises other departments and company personnel as necessary, to assure the success of the poker room and the company overall
- Responsible for supervising, Dual-Rate Pit Managers, Floor Supervisors, Dealers, Brush, Chip Runners, and Dual-Rate Dealers in the poker area and ensuring correct procedures are followed on games
- Manages seating, player ratings, fills, and supervision of floor decisions.
- Analyzing customer play: cheating, scams, counters, and any unusual or suspicious variations of play
- Review staffing levels to maintain operational effectiveness
- Delegate authority and assign responsibilities
- Development of staff, interviews, hires, evaluations, and disciplinary actions
- Review departmental financial data
- Review table game activities and promotional status with Director of Poker Operations
- Meet with departmental directors and managers as necessary
- Excellent customer service
- Ensure the safety and security of guests and employees, manages processes and programs to effectively control and reduce loss time injuries
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements (skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Ability to analyze and interpret departmental needs and results
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Knowledgeable of specified games and gaming regulations
- Ability to add monies and chips
- Knowledge of theft techniques
- Good public relations/guest service skills
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressure in an interruptive environment
- Ability to accurately complete paperwork and forms
- Complete, perform and understand basic mathematical functions
- Knowledge of company policy and procedures, IRS Bank Secrecy Act and internal controls
- Complete knowledge of all facilities available to guests on property.
- Always maintain a pleasant, friendly, and welcoming attitude with use of facial expressions and knowledge of all special events and promotional activities.
- Ability to maintain mental concentration for significant periods of time.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience as a dealer, pit clerk, floor person, and or supervisor.
- A four (4) year degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Must be able to comply with all state gaming regulations, which may include obtaining a license.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts, including late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work extended hours across all shifts in a 24/7 work environment.
- Ability to be exposed to alcohol, smoke, bright lights, and noise.
- Ability to walk up and down 31 stairs to the Casino floor.
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 300,000 sq. ft of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 2000 employees
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
- Office environment
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia
900 Packer Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19148
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia, opening in 2021, is a world-class gaming, hotel, dining and entertainment destination being developed by Stadium Casino, RE, LLC, an affiliate of The Cordish Companies. Located in the heart of the South Philadelphia Stadium Entertainment District, Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia will set a new standard for development in the City in the areas of economic opportunity and inclusivity for local residents.
The opening of the casino resort destination will transform the Philadelphia Stadium Entertainment District into the only place in the country to experience big league action from four major professional sports teams, best-in-class dining and entertainment, and world-class gaming and hotel accommodations. Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia will feature more than 1.5 million square-feet of gaming, hotel, dining and entertainment space, 2,200 slots and electronic table games and 150+ live action table games, including Poker, a FanDuel Sportsbook, an upscale, 12-story, 200+ room hotel, a structured parking facility, plus new dining and entertainment venues.
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia is projected to generate $2 billion in annual economic impact, with an additional $100 million in tax revenues for the City in its first five years of operation, including $25 million to Philadelphia’s School District, plus over 5,000 new construction and permanent jobs for local and regional residents.
Pending Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board final approval.