Slot Relief Floor Manager - San Manuel Casino
57012 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Slot Relief Floor Manager
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Mar 01, 2021
May 16, 2021
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Under the direction of the Slot Shift Manager, the Slot Relief Floor Manager is responsible for making departmental decisions that have an effect on gaming revenue, guests and employee relations. The Slot Relief Floor Manager is an Assistant Manager role, which assumes the role of the Manager-on-duty for the Slot Department in the absence of the Slot Shift Manager. The Slot Relief Floor Manager promotes team member compliance with all applicable rules and regulations, and provides counseling, guidance, and support to reporting management staff and their direct reports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees large scale slot gaming operation of up to 7,500 electronic gaming devices. Ensures the slot systems are operating effectively and efficiently, working with Information Technology to diagnose system related outages or issues.
- Monitors and coordinates the activities of Slot Department team members. Responds to and follows-up on guest requests and concerns in a timely and professional manner. Resolves conflict involving employees or customers by maintaining a professional environment and promoting department and enterprise goals.
- Investigates customer claims and gaming disputes related to slot machines. Utilizes various resources such as surveillance, slot recall data and slot systems to make proper determinations when resolving claims and disputes. Uses negotiation, reasoning and sound judgment to determine the legitimacy of slot payout claims and relative compensation. Maintains "on call" availability as needed to provide support on investigations and other operational concerns.
- Responsible for maintaining proper staffing levels that are sufficient to cover the floor operations, maintaining established quality service standards in the absence of key employees for support to the Manager, Director, and VP.
- Responsible for regular communications including counseling staff, troubleshooting system issues, relaying inter-department concerns, routinely meeting with customers, employees, management, and other departments to relay important information, identifying issues of concern and work towards solutions. Updates Managers, Director and VP, of important relative issues related to the Slot Department.
- Promotes compliance of all applicable rules and regulations, including, but not limited to Gaming Commission Regulations, Slot Standard Operating Procedures, General Administration Policies and Procedures, Title 31 Bank Secrecy Act, and Employee Handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Supervises Slot Floor Supervisors including establishing work schedules and assigning work; approving leave requests and responding to questions related to policies and procedures; conducts staff training, and reviews and evaluates work performance of staff.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
High School Diploma or GED required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management and Business Administration preferred.
Minimum of two (2) years experience in management required, slot operations preferred.
Experience with slot system applications, including ticketing and slot accounting.
Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point essential.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a State Key Gaming license issued by the San Manuel Gaming Commission.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!