Slot Technical Supervisor - San Manuel Casino
57011 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Slot Technical Supervisor
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Dec 28, 2020
Mar 25, 2021
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Under the direction of the Slot Technical Assistant Manager and Slot Technical Manager, the Slot Technical Supervisor carries out all Slot technical strategies of the department by communicating and implementing department objectives. Additionally, the Slot Technical Supervisor serves as the project liaison by providing end-to-end analysis and functional support for multiple projects in parallel, and leads cross-functional teams to implement technical systems that meet enterprise needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Carries out and leads technical teams on directives, objectives and communication of the department. Plans and conducts scheduled project status meetings that report on performance, milestones, action items, metrics and issues.
- Ensures the slot product on the gaming floor is operational. Works with technical team to maintain uptime with a priority focus on priority-demand areas of the floor.
- Serves as the project liaison by providing end-to-end analysis and functional support for multiple projects in parallel. Leads cross-functional teams to implement technical systems that meet enterprise needs.
- Assists in implementing all slot machine and slot system related projects.
- Motivates and mentors staff to ensure commitment to excellence and quality service to all entities of the enterprise.
- Analyzes slot activities and makes recommendations for improvement of existing technology-based slot applications and/or software. Performs analysis of existing operations/processes/workflow, slot systems and applications to recommend changes to increase effectiveness. Utilizes personnel and technical resources to analyze information, processes, methods, systems and procedures to determine the most useful business solutions for the enterprise.
- Ensures all projects and vendors adhere to regulatory compliance, approved policies and internal controls.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department
Directs and supervises Floor Technicians, Lead Technicians, Parts Controllers, and Bench Technicians. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
High School Diploma or GED required.
Associates Degree in Electronics, Engineering, or related field preferred.
Minimum of four (4) years of slot industry experience required.
Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience or two (2) years in a Lead Technician role required.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience in slot accounting, player tracking systems, slot systems analysis and functional design.
Strong verbal and written communication skills that a non-technical end user and/or senior executive can understand.
Ability to create a positive and professional business relationship with internal and external clients as well as third-party service/product providers.
Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook is required.
Employee must have experience demonstrating the utmost discretion and confidentiality as they will have access to financial data.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
Must have a current and valid Driver’s license with acceptable driving record as defined by the company insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!