Casino Manager On Duty - San Manuel Casino
57007 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Casino Manager On Duty
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Mar 01, 2021
May 16, 2021
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Customer Experience, the Casino Manager on Duty (MOD) is responsible for the leadership, management and supervision of all aspects of the resort and casino operations in the absence of management. The MOD is empowered to ensure that the highest standards of customer service and hospitality are maintained and delivered through direct communication and interaction with customers/guests and employees. The MOD assumes responsibility for regulatory and policy compliance, supervision, staffing, and relations of the various departments and their employees. The MOD displays the highest degree of professionalism, judgment, and decision making in all customer and employee interactions while championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that reflects and upholds the Tribal Community’s vision, mission and values.
To be successful in the role of MOD, this position requires a highly motivated, results oriented and extremely organized individual, as they directly supervise all casino operations and conduct of casino employees while on duty. The MOD must have a heightened awareness of the casino floor, be exceptional at resolving guest concerns, provide the highest service standards, and be able to establish a working relationship with all enterprise management. The MOD observes shift activity and reports findings and recommendations to the Director of Customer Experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains a current and accurate understanding of each department’s financial, operational, and guest service expectations, objectives, strategies and operational plans, special events and promotions. Maintains a current and accurate understanding of policies and procedures, and ensures proper execution of:
- Emergency response
- Interaction with external and regulatory agencies arriving on property
- Employee suspensions and patron exclusions
- Guest problem resolution and exclusions
- Maintains working knowledge of Internal Controls, Human Resources departmental policies and procedures, and job descriptions of each department on the shift. Maintains a vast knowledge of all areas including management, project management, and vendor management.
- Provides continual assistance, support and inter-departmental coordination to all employees and guests as necessary to achieve financial, operational, and guest service expectations set forth for the property. Exchanges current information continuously throughout the shift with each department’s management personnel. Ensures smooth interaction between all departments and all guests during the shift.
- Performs all duties with excellent service to both internal and external guests. Resolves guest complaints and problems immediately and effectively. Creates and maintains a positive image of the property, operations, employees and property owners on the shift to all customers, local communities, and regulatory agencies. Consistently and visibly role models the behavior and appearance desired of all employees on the shift.
- Performs continual observation and inspection, and formally reports findings and makes recommendations for:
- Excellence in Guest Service
- Compliance with policies, procedures and controls
- Improvements to operational effectiveness
- Condition and operation of property, equipment, status of secured areas
- Quality control checks in kitchen, restaurant, lounges and public restrooms
- Proper staffing levels
- Employee effectiveness and performance
- Improvements for better use of assets and personnel on the shift
- Health and safety regulatory compliance
- Ensures all pertinent information regarding the shift is communicated in a clear, concise, complete, timely and consistent manner, to the Director of Customer Experience, the Assistant Director of Customer Experience and other Managers on Duty. Provides written plans and regular progress reports to Assistant Director of Customer Experience.
- Performs all duties required of the MOD as stated in the Policies and Procedures and System of Internal Controls including, but not limited to, signing forms and approving gaming transactions.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplish related results as required. Works closely with casino and resorts other functional departments to provide input and feedback in ensuring optimal casino performance, as well as developing innovative and creative services to meet or exceed the requirements of customers. Regularly attends meetings as directed by the Director of Customer Experience.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- Bachelors’ Degree required, plus progressive and related experience in the operational aspects of the casino gaming industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Five (5) years of operations management experience.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Player Tracking systems.
- Proficient in training and training development, infrastructure implementation, and marketing systems.
- Ability to apply solid background in operations management toward driving business growth.
- Professional with strong leadership and communication skills with an ability to talk to others in a non-threatening manner to convey information effectively and appropriately.
- Able to efficiently manage multiple situations simultaneously.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!