Project Manager, Casino Construction - San Manuel Casino
Project Manager, Casino Construction
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Mar 14, 2021
Jun 15, 2021
Type of Position:
Construction & Project Development
The Construction Project Manager position is responsible for the management of construction projects. Projects may include new venues, minor or major remodels, office renovations and new construction projects within and tributary to the Tribal & Casino facilities. You will be responsible for planning, coordination and control of the projects from inception to completion while also implementing quality control programs. You must be adaptable to change and have the capacity for a sizable workload. You will be required to work with a sense of urgency and must work well under pressure in a collaborative team environment. In addition, you will ensure the project remains on schedule and concludes successfully on time and on budget.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee construction projects from start to finish while ensuring that construction activities move according to predetermined schedules. Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all sub-teams. Plan, organize and direct activities concerned with the construction of structures, facilities and systems.
- Perform key role in project planning, budgeting and identification of resources needed. This includes project accounting functions including submitting budgets, strictly managing the budget, tracking costs and minimizing exposure and risk in the project.
- Ensure vendors are accurately performing their contracted duties and construction projects. Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans.
- Coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and laborers. Communicate effectively with contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Perform periodic inspection of construction sites. Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance and adherence with building and safety codes, quality standards, and other regulations.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Serve as a key link with clients and review the deliverable prepared by team.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site. Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure proper procedures are being carried out.
- Assist in developing specifications for construction, repair and modification projects for the purpose of providing them to architects, contractors, specialists, construction management firms, etc. for selection and awarding of contracts.
- Write Requests for Proposal and Requests for Quotes. Prepare bid analyses when required and be able to objectively prepare vendor recommendation action items for approval and contracting.
- Coordinate capital construction activities ensuring that all phases of construction project are completed within specifications and with minimal disruption to the Reservation or Casino.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- BS/BSCE Degree and/or license/registration in Architecture, Development, Engineering or Construction Management preferred. Associates Degree and/or license/registration in Architecture, Development, Engineering or Construction Management required.
- A minimum of (3) years of experience as an Assistant Project Manager required.
- Proficiency with reading project plans, specs, contracts, purchase orders, change orders, etc.
- Good understanding of MEP building systems required.
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential.
- Current knowledge of local, state and federal building and fire codes.
- Some AutoCAD knowledge desirable.
- Technical level experience with Microsoft Professional Office Tools such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Project Management software experience such as MS Project.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
- PE license, PMP certification, and/or California Contractors license preferred.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!