Bank Secrecy Act Officer - Four Winds Casinos
Bank Secrecy Act Officer
Four Winds Casinos
New Buffalo, Michigan 49117
Nov 11, 2020
Jan 11, 2021
Type of Position:
Serves as the designated Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Officer for all Four Winds properties. Directs, controls, and oversees all anti-money laundering efforts pertaining to the guidelines and requirements set forth in Title 31 of the Code of Federal Regulations, also known as the Bank Secrecy Act.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the designated Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Officer, and fulfills all related duties required to be conducted, by the Casino’s Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Plan.
- Maintains a working relationship with the management team and Gaming Commission to ensure that all Bank Secrecy Act questions and/or concerns are addressed promptly and effectively. Ensures that all instances of non-compliance to title 31 of the Code of Federal Regulations are addressed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all Title 31 related rules and regulations of the Gaming Commission, internal controls, policies, and procedures and of the federal Bank Secrecy Act and continuously monitors strict adherence to same throughout applicable departmental operations.
- Directs the flow of confidential reports and documents to the proper individuals within the organization, always maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.
- Monitors and evaluates changes to applicable regulations and ensures the Vice President of Compliance and Compliance Manager are made aware of such changes.
- Maintains a working relationship with the Tribal Gaming Commission Internal Audit team, with particular emphasis on Title 31 of the Code of Federal Regulations as well as the Commission regulations, ensuring that all needed updates concerning findings of non-compliance are addressed and adhered to.
- With review and approval by the Compliance Manager and Vice President of Compliance, prepares responses to all Title 31 related audit report findings, both internal and external, and conducts any investigation necessary to appropriately respond to such findings and/or recommendations.
- Manages the Title 31 support staff, and provides oversight to all aspects of Title 31 compliance.
- Performs “Know your Customer” due diligence reviews, according to the casino’s Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Plan and Know your Customer policy.
- Ensures accuracy, thoroughness and at all times maintains the highest level of confidentiality. Maintains strictest confidence with the department concerning all correspondence, employee records and reports, state police records and reporting, audit reviews, etc., within the Compliance Department.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees
- Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
- Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
- Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns, and resolve conflicts.
- Retains employees through involvement in employee training and development.
- Explains why we do things, in advance of doing them.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- BA in criminal justice or related field preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years experience in Compliance Department or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Anti-money laundering specialist credentials, such as ACAMS certification, preferred.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Excel, Word or related software.
- Excellent oral and written skills preferred.
- Strong organization skills required.
- This position requires a Level 2 Gaming License.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex of documents, such as technical journals, financial reports, audit reports, and legal documents. Ability to write effective letters, memos, speeches. and articles for publication. Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from staff members at all levels, guests, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one, small group, and large group settings. Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups, and to lead meetings and conferences in an effective and professional manner.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to interpret regulatory language and apply that language in a reasonable manner to the operational processes of the casino.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reaches with hands and arms, and talks or hears. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Four Winds Casinos
Hartford | Dowagiac
New Buffalo | South Bend
Four Winds Casinos are owned by the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians.
Four Winds New Buffalo is located 75 miles east of Chicago. The 125,000 square foot casino contains over 3,000 slots, 50 table games, retail shops, restaurants include the Copper Rock Steakhouse, The Buffet, Timbers and White Birch Market. Guests can enjoy cocktails in the restaurants and the Martini Bar and The C Bar. The facility also offers a hotel with 415 rooms, suites and celebrity suites, an outdoor pool and bar, as well as a full service events center.
Four Winds Hartford features 560 slot machines and nine table games, including blackjack and roulette. Guests can dine at the Timbers Fast Food Deli, featuring a 74 seat restaurant and an attached 15 seat bar.
Four Winds Dowagiac features 300 slot machines and four table games, including blackjack and Mississippi Stud. Four Winds Dowagiac offers the Timbers Fast Food & Deli, featuring a 30 seat restaurant and an attached 15 seat bar.
Four Winds South Bend is conveniently located off Exit 23 on the 31 bypass. The 55,000 square foot casino features 1,600 slot machines including progressives which are linked to games in other casinos around the country and ten live Poker tables.
Four Winds South Bend offers six restaurant venues including signature favorites such as Copper Rock Steakhouse, The Buffet and the Kankakee Grille. In addition to all the diverse food venues, guests can enjoy cocktails at three bars.
Four Winds' philosophy is to create an environment that encourages and rewards team effort and to develop a culture that is goal-oriented, success driven, and consistently fair to employees, guests, and community members. We're an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to give the right people unparalleled opportunities for employment.
Friendliness at Four Winds sets us apart from the rest. Our employees provide a level of service and respect that exceeds anything a Midwest gamer has ever received or imagined. We ask our employees to pay attention to every detail:
- Appreciate the Guest
- Consistently Deliver Quality
- Exceed Expectations
- Strive to Build Loyalty
We listen to our customers, and in turn we listen to and reward our employees. At Four Winds, we maintain our values of:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you even more reason to make Four Winds Casino a choice employer.
Employee Benefits & Programs
- 401(k) Plans
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Employee Dining Room
- Life Insurance
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Paid Time Off
- Uniforms Provided
- Recognition & Rewards
- Personal Development Opportunities