Lead Surveillance Operator - Four Winds Casinos
Lead Surveillance Operator
Four Winds Casinos
New Buffalo, Michigan 49117
Nov 09, 2020
Jan 10, 2021
Type of Position:
The Lead Surveillance Operator is responsible for maintaining close, continuous surveillance of all gaming areas and the entire property, in order to protect life and property at the casino. Responsible for coordinating and supervising the activities of all surveillance employees on assigned shift, in the absence of the Surveillance Shift Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors all areas of the property at all times, identifying potential security and/or safety risks and reporting them to the appropriate individual or entity, for proper resolution.
- Utilizes necessary equipment, to identify, record, document and report illegal, suspicious or unusual activities occurring on property.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all rules and regulations of the Gaming Commission, and ensures strict adherence to same throughout the property.
- Protects casino assets and gaming integrity, through the consistent, thorough monitoring of all activities on property, particularly on the gaming floor.
- Completes a daily report.
- Supports other employees, supervisor and management, with regard to protection of assets in their respective departments.
- Coordinates, with the Security Department, when surveillance discovers a matter which needs further investigation or attention.
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the department, by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Held accountable for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports..
- Makes suggestions and recommendations, as appropriate, with regard to possible changes in the policies and procedures of other departments, with the protection of casino assets in mind.
Additional responsibilities in the absence of the Surveillance Shift Supervisor
- Reviews all daily activity reports and prepares shift reports for management.
- Ensures the quality of operations in the Surveillance department on assigned shift.
- Reviews all surveillance videos and reports, providing detailed information to appropriate casino officials and outside agencies, as needed.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees
- Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests
- Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
- Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns and resolve conflicts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with closed circuit television equipment preferred.
- Must possess excellent observational and communication skills.
- Must be able to detect schemes or cheating activity aimed at the casino or its guests.
- This position requires a Level 2 Gaming License.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to write effective reports and memos. Ability to respond to inquiries from employees or guests. Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, and to interpret data from graphs.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. A casino environment is typically smoky.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Four Winds Casinos
Hartford | Dowagiac
New Buffalo | South Bend
Four Winds Casinos are owned by the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians.
Four Winds New Buffalo is located 75 miles east of Chicago. The 125,000 square foot casino contains over 3,000 slots, 50 table games, retail shops, restaurants include the Copper Rock Steakhouse, The Buffet, Timbers and White Birch Market. Guests can enjoy cocktails in the restaurants and the Martini Bar and The C Bar. The facility also offers a hotel with 415 rooms, suites and celebrity suites, an outdoor pool and bar, as well as a full service events center.
Four Winds Hartford features 560 slot machines and nine table games, including blackjack and roulette. Guests can dine at the Timbers Fast Food Deli, featuring a 74 seat restaurant and an attached 15 seat bar.
Four Winds Dowagiac features 300 slot machines and four table games, including blackjack and Mississippi Stud. Four Winds Dowagiac offers the Timbers Fast Food & Deli, featuring a 30 seat restaurant and an attached 15 seat bar.
Four Winds South Bend is conveniently located off Exit 23 on the 31 bypass. The 55,000 square foot casino features 1,600 slot machines including progressives which are linked to games in other casinos around the country and ten live Poker tables.
Four Winds South Bend offers six restaurant venues including signature favorites such as Copper Rock Steakhouse, The Buffet and the Kankakee Grille. In addition to all the diverse food venues, guests can enjoy cocktails at three bars.
Four Winds' philosophy is to create an environment that encourages and rewards team effort and to develop a culture that is goal-oriented, success driven, and consistently fair to employees, guests, and community members. We're an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to give the right people unparalleled opportunities for employment.
Friendliness at Four Winds sets us apart from the rest. Our employees provide a level of service and respect that exceeds anything a Midwest gamer has ever received or imagined. We ask our employees to pay attention to every detail:
- Appreciate the Guest
- Consistently Deliver Quality
- Exceed Expectations
- Strive to Build Loyalty
We listen to our customers, and in turn we listen to and reward our employees. At Four Winds, we maintain our values of:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you even more reason to make Four Winds Casino a choice employer.
Employee Benefits & Programs
- 401(k) Plans
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Employee Dining Room
- Life Insurance
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Paid Time Off
- Uniforms Provided
- Recognition & Rewards
- Personal Development Opportunities