Uniform Attendant - Maryland - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Uniform Attendant - Maryland
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Nov 09, 2020
Feb 18, 2021
Type of Position:
Function (Scope and Main Purpose of Job)
The Uniform Room Attendant is responsible for assisting with coordinating, maintaining and distributing uniforms to Live! Casino & Hotel team members and vendor uniforms. The attendant is also responsible for assisting with the distribution of locks and lock combinations.
Core Service Standards
CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Distributes uniforms as required by Live! Casino
- Maintains a neat and orderly uniform room
- Completes accurate monthly inventory of all uniforms
- Fits team members for uniforms and makes necessary alterations when necessary
- Assists with coordinating dry cleaning and laundry service
- Assist with locker assignments to team members
- Assist with maintaining an accurate inventory of lockers, locks and combinations.
- Assist with the repair and maintenance of lockers and equipment; periodically inspecting for cleanliness and repair needs
- Assist with maintaining records of repair and cleaning of all equipment
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements (skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Must be able to follow and understand instructions
- Must be able to use a computer and Microsoft software
- Knowledge of how to use a sewing machine
- Must have basic math skills for inventory control
- Must be responsive to the needs of team members
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills in order to communicate with team members, vendors, and upper management.
- Two (2) to Four (4) years of experience with uniform and inventory control is preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with alterations, uniform fitting, sewing and/or tailoring is required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred
- Must be able to comply with all state gaming regulations, which may include obtaining a license.
- 24/7 environment requiring extended hours including evenings and weekends
- Must be able to lift and/or push up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to work standing for up to 4 hours at a time
- Must be able to work in small, confined area
- Must be able to bend at the waist
- Must be able to reach above the head
- Must be able to climb ladders and use Genie Lifts
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 300,000 sq. ft of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 3000 employees
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.#ZQ
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Maryland.
Please click on Apply Now to submit your Casino Careers resume and you will be directed to our Career Page where you must complete our Employment Application to be considered.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland
7002 Arundel Mills Cir #7777
Hanover, MD 21076
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is located in the Washington DC/Baltimore corridor at Arundel Mills. Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country. The property features more than 200 live action table games, including a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 slot machines, two High Limit rooms, and the Orchid Gaming & Smoking Patio.
Guests can enjoy five-star accommodations including The Live! Lofts boutique hotel, located just minutes from the Casino. The Live! features 250 guest rooms and suites, and approximately 3,400-square-feet of meeting and banquet space.
A variety of irresistible dining options include the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; David’s, featuring global cuisine; Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Luk Fu and 8 at Luk Fu, serving authentic sushi and Asian cuisine; Morty’s Deli; Latin cuisine at En Vivo; Phillips® Seafood Express; and Luckies, offering Starbucks coffee, pastries, and Italian gelato; and a sizzling nightlife, including nightly entertainment at Live! Center Stage; the R Bar; and The Lobby Bar at David’s.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
A 4,000-seat Event Center, opening in two phases, features 40,000-square-feet of meeting and banquet space, and a performance venue with a regular lineup of headline entertainment completes the Live! experience.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.