Security First Responder - Philadelphia - Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia
Security First Responder - Philadelphia
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19148
Nov 06, 2020
Feb 24, 2021
Type of Position:
Administer first aid treatment to and transport sick or injured persons to medical facility working as a member of the Live emergency medical team.
Core Service Standards
- CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
- SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
- FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
- FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Performing security duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Respond to and administer emergency first aid. Determine nature and extent of illness or injury, or magnitude of catastrophe, to establish first aid procedures to be followed or need for additional assistance basing decisions on statement of persons involved, examination of victim or victims, and knowledge of emergency medical practice.
- Administer prescribed first aid treatment for which they are qualified and trained for at site of emergency, or in specially equipped vehicle, performing such activities as application of splints, administration of oxygen or intravenous injections treatment of minor wounds or abrasions or administration of artificial resuscitation.
- Communicate with professional medical personnel at emergency treatment facility to obtain instructions regarding further treatment and to arrange for reception of victims at treatment facility.
- Complete necessary paperwork and reports accurately and in a timely manner. Key data into a computer to maintain office and patron/team member records.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for guests and team members. Responsible for reporting safety hazards.
- Ensure the safety and security of all guests and employees.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to write reports.
- Ability to use a telephone properly.
- Ability to read and understand memos.
- Knowledge of emergency trauma. Good public relations/customer service skills.
- Knowledge of universal standards for exposure to blood.
- Knowledge of required OSHA regulations.
- Ability to perform duties under frequent time pressure in an interruptive environment.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Certification as an emergency medical technician.
- Two (2) years’ experience as an Emergency Medical Responder or Emergency Medical Technician in an ambulance service, military, or medical facility.
- Must be able to comply with all state gaming regulations, which may include obtaining a license.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures (both hot and cold).
- Ability to run, stoop, bend and reach outward and above the head.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to ride a bicycle.
- Ability to operate and ride a Segway and / or other vehicles.
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 300,000 sq. ft of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 2000 employees
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia
900 Packer Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19148
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia, opening in 2021, is a world-class gaming, hotel, dining and entertainment destination being developed by Stadium Casino, RE, LLC, an affiliate of The Cordish Companies. Located in the heart of the South Philadelphia Stadium Entertainment District, Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia will set a new standard for development in the City in the areas of economic opportunity and inclusivity for local residents.
The opening of the casino resort destination will transform the Philadelphia Stadium Entertainment District into the only place in the country to experience big league action from four major professional sports teams, best-in-class dining and entertainment, and world-class gaming and hotel accommodations. Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia will feature more than 1.5 million square-feet of gaming, hotel, dining and entertainment space, 2,200 slots and electronic table games and 150+ live action table games, including Poker, a FanDuel Sportsbook, an upscale, 12-story, 200+ room hotel, a structured parking facility, plus new dining and entertainment venues.
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia is projected to generate $2 billion in annual economic impact, with an additional $100 million in tax revenues for the City in its first five years of operation, including $25 million to Philadelphia’s School District, plus over 5,000 new construction and permanent jobs for local and regional residents.
Pending Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board final approval.