Security Ambassador (Security Officer)- Security - Philadelphia - Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia
Security Ambassador (Security Officer)- Security - Philadelphia
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19148
Nov 06, 2020
Feb 24, 2021
Type of Position:
The Security Ambassador is responsible to ensure the safety and security of our guests, team members and company assets while providing excellent customer service. The focus shall always be on ensuring a safe and comfortable environment while maintaining a positive can do attitude with an emphasis on the highest level of guest service for both external and internal guests to Live! Casino & Hotel.
Core Service Standards
- CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
- SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
- FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
- FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Greet guests with a smile and a warm welcome
- Check ID cards of guests entering the casino and hotels. Refuse to admit persons under the age of 21 and who cannot show proper authorization or who are carrying weapons or other prohibited items
- Explain the rules, regulations and code of conduct for the casino and hotels
- Interact with the public in a professional manner when providing assistance, giving directions and responding to inquiries
- Assist with customer disputes, intoxicated subjects, criminal matters and traffic control
- Resolve complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refer to management
- Notify supervisor, manager, surveillance and/or Casino and Hotel Operations Manager of any unusual events, incidents or crimes
- Respond to medical or fire emergencies, such as sick or injured guests.
- Operate the Security Dispatch Office and communicate via two-way radio and telephone as required
- Man the Employee/Visitor Entrance ensuring only authorized personnel enter; maintain a log of visitors and vendors visiting the facilities
- Monitor guest and team member passage in and out of restaurants and gaming areas
- Control traffic congestion in the valet and parking areas
- Write and investigate first reports of injury
- React to guests and team member incidents and accidents
- Assist in transporting money, chips, tokens, and markers
- Responsible for checking for and reporting safety hazards
- Ensure the safety and security of all guests and team members
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to write reports.
- Ability to use a telephone properly.
- Ability to read and understand memos.
- Ability to multi task.
- Good customer service skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Ability to perform duties under frequent time pressure in an interruptive environment
- Ability to be alert at all times.
- Dexterity will be required to perform day to day activities and during an emergency.
- Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- Experience: One (1) to two (2) years' experience in security with a focus on guest service is preferred.
- License: Must be able to comply with all state gaming regulations, which may include obtaining a license
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures (both hot and cold).
- Ability to run, stoop, bend and reach outward and above the head.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to ride a bicycle.
- Ability to operate and ride a Segway and / or other vehicles.
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 300,000 sq. ft of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 2000 employees
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia
900 Packer Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19148
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia, opening in 2021, is a world-class gaming, hotel, dining and entertainment destination being developed by Stadium Casino, RE, LLC, an affiliate of The Cordish Companies. Located in the heart of the South Philadelphia Stadium Entertainment District, Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia will set a new standard for development in the City in the areas of economic opportunity and inclusivity for local residents.
The opening of the casino resort destination will transform the Philadelphia Stadium Entertainment District into the only place in the country to experience big league action from four major professional sports teams, best-in-class dining and entertainment, and world-class gaming and hotel accommodations. Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia will feature more than 1.5 million square-feet of gaming, hotel, dining and entertainment space, 2,200 slots and electronic table games and 150+ live action table games, including Poker, a FanDuel Sportsbook, an upscale, 12-story, 200+ room hotel, a structured parking facility, plus new dining and entertainment venues.
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia is projected to generate $2 billion in annual economic impact, with an additional $100 million in tax revenues for the City in its first five years of operation, including $25 million to Philadelphia’s School District, plus over 5,000 new construction and permanent jobs for local and regional residents.
Pending Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board final approval.