Data Analytics Architect - Bally's Corporation
Data Analytics Architect
Lincoln, Rhode Island 02865
Jan 13, 2021
Apr 09, 2021
Type of Position:
The Data Analytics Architect builds complex computer database systems that are accessible, useful, and secure. Help define the end use of the database and create a blueprint for developing, testing, and maintaining reports, KPI’s and dashboards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Enabling successful vendor relationships, expertly managing their deliverables
- Building relationships internally and externally as you work to provide scalable solutions to the business
- Develop analytical tools (dashboards, reports, etc.) to help users monitor core KPIs, provide proactive alerts and notifications, and facilitate exploratory analysis when needed.
- Promote ongoing adoption of busines intelligence content through an emphasis on user experience, iterative design refinement and regular training.
- Participate in architecting ingestion and modeling of new data sources, including the creation of source-to-target specifications which serve to document data lineage and as a mapping to ETL construction.
- Architect frameworks for data pipeline orchestration (scheduling, configurations, dependency chaining) that facilitate error handling, notification, validation, restartability and expedient data movement.
- Create, deploy and manage data models which fulfill requirements but also balance simplicity, performance, flexibility and scalability.
- Assist in the ongoing administration and refinement of processes and environments, both data pipeline and analytics. Performance tuning, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Assisting others to be efficient – staying current with relevant technology trends and providing recommendations for cost-effective solutions for increased productivity, and as a competitive advantage
- Managing and maintaining IT asset inventory and software licensing, working with management to ensure that systems and software are accurately recorded, tracked, and retired to 100% of accountability standards
- Wearing your security and regulatory compliance goggles-including maintaining documentation and partnering with Security and Compliance on security initiatives and audit support
- Establishing and maintaining data retention policies and governance including data exports & e-Discovery
- Developing and maintain IT Support documentation and help guides
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Organization Skills
- Teamwork Orientation
- Time Management
- Customer/Client Focus
- Strategic Thinking
- Assists Information Technology functions as needed.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 6+ years of professional experience in IT with a strong technical knowledge of database technologies including SQL, Oracle and AS400
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, photocopier, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button. You will be redirected to our career page on which you must complete our online Employment Application. If the Email Employer button is visible, you may use it to submit a resume/cover letter.
100 Twin River Road
Lincoln, RI 02865
Bally's Corporation currently owns and manages 11 casinos across seven states, a horse racetrack, and 13 authorized OTB licenses in Colorado. With more than 5,400 employees, the Company's operations include 11,859 slot machines, 405 gaming tables and 2,538 hotel rooms.
Properties include Twin River Casino Hotel (Lincoln, RI), Tiverton Casino Hotel (Tiverton, RI), Hard Rock Hotel & Casino (Biloxi, MS), Casino Vicksburg (Vicksburg, MS), Eldorado Resort Casino Shreveport (Shreveport, LA), Dover Downs Hotel & Casino (Dover, DE), Bally's Atlantic City (Atlantic City, NJ), Casino KC (Kansas City, MO), Golden Gates Casino (Black Hawk, CO), Golden Gulch Casino (Black Hawk, CO), Mardi Gras Casino (Black Hawk, CO), and Arapahoe Park racetrack (Aurora, CO).
Following the completion of pending acquisitions, which include Tropicana Evansville (Evansville, IN), Jumer's Casino & Hotel (Rock Island, IL), and MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa (Lake Tahoe, NV), the Company will own and manage 14 casinos across 10 states. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "BALY."