Data Analyst - Bally's Corporation
Lincoln, Rhode Island 02865
Jan 13, 2021
Feb 13, 2021
Type of Position:
The Data Analyst leads the reporting process, maintaining and ensuring the accuracy of various casino reporting systems. This position also works with all departments to develop and deploy key financial, marketing and other reports that represent specific areas of focus to help Twin River Management Group (TRMG) to achieve projected goals.
Essential Job Functions
Data Analysis and Report Writing
- Gather data from multiple financial systems, analyze data, integrate data, validate data for accuracy and generate and develop reports, scripts, queries and dashboards to assist TRMG with process improvements and business decisions; Performs data conversions.
- Provide analysis to various departments within TRMG corporate and respective SMEs
- Create and implement changes to new and existing forms.
- Work collaboratively with various departmental teams and technical resources to define the scope and details of each data project assignment; participates as a team member in design, review and planning meetings.
- Design, build, test, implement and document reports and SQL scripts; builds, customize, consolidate and maintain reporting interfaces.
Process Improvement and System Implementation
- Actively seek and develop process improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for gathering business requirements, documenting requirements and translation of requirements to technical specifications for the implementation of new systems and software.
- Provide documentation of data management processes and report development approaches.
- Work with Finance users to resolve problems and offer solutions where necessary; act as a change agent to help facilitate effective deployments/modifications to current practices.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing to support an Finance applications.
- Functions in a liaison capacity with other departments (i.e. IT, HR) as needed to implement and support designed solutions.
- Provide a uniform reporting experience across all departments and corporate properties.
Qualifications (Include equipment knowledge/use)
- MS SSRS and Visual Studio
- SQL (TSQL) – Ability to create and maintain stored procedures and tables based on analysis
- Microsoft Excel, including VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables and Macros
- General experience with SSIS and ETL processing
- Must be comfortable with financial terminology, timelines and processes in order to work at a high comfort level with senior financial leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 5-7 years of equivalent work experience.
- Experience with SQL Server, Developing SRSS Reports and Custom Queries.
- Experience with Oracle, DB/2, C#, Go and VB.Net are a plus
- Rhode Island Department of Business Regulations
Physical/Mental Requirements (*Constantly, Frequently, Occasionally)
- While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Constant standing; walking; sitting; using hands to finger, handling or feeling objects, tools, or controls
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in a 24/7 non-standard shift environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Ability to work in a smoking environment. The casino is a tobacco smoking environment throughout most public spaces.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button. You will be redirected to our career page on which you must complete our online Employment Application. If the Email Employer button is visible, you may use it to submit a resume/cover letter.
100 Twin River Road
Lincoln, RI 02865
Bally's Corporation currently owns and manages 11 casinos across seven states, a horse racetrack, and 13 authorized OTB licenses in Colorado. With more than 5,400 employees, the Company's operations include 11,859 slot machines, 405 gaming tables and 2,538 hotel rooms.
Properties include Twin River Casino Hotel (Lincoln, RI), Tiverton Casino Hotel (Tiverton, RI), Hard Rock Hotel & Casino (Biloxi, MS), Casino Vicksburg (Vicksburg, MS), Eldorado Resort Casino Shreveport (Shreveport, LA), Dover Downs Hotel & Casino (Dover, DE), Bally's Atlantic City (Atlantic City, NJ), Casino KC (Kansas City, MO), Golden Gates Casino (Black Hawk, CO), Golden Gulch Casino (Black Hawk, CO), Mardi Gras Casino (Black Hawk, CO), and Arapahoe Park racetrack (Aurora, CO).
Following the completion of pending acquisitions, which include Tropicana Evansville (Evansville, IN), Jumer's Casino & Hotel (Rock Island, IL), and MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa (Lake Tahoe, NV), the Company will own and manage 14 casinos across 10 states. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "BALY."