Operations Controller - Colonial Downs Racetrack & Rosie's Gaming Emporium
56842 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Colonial Downs Racetrack & Rosie's Gaming Emporium
New Kent, Virginia 23124
Nov 30, 2020
Dec 11, 2020
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Operations Controller is responsible for directing all aspects of casino accounting, revenue audit and Anti-money laundry (AML) compliance in accordance with company policy and Federal/state regulations, including the overall care, custody, and management of casino funds, securities, and records. The Operations Controller shall administer and supervise all casino accounting functions, analyzes financial statements and submit related reports to all management staff as well as regulatory agencies, adheres to all Internal Control Policies and Procedures, Bank Secrecy Act, Title 26 Rules and Regulations, as well as ensure company accounting procedures and reporting conform to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of this job which are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties or requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be expected to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
- Provides next-level guest service to internal and external guests. Demonstrates #AddLife culture in all interactions with guests and co-workers.
- Hires, motivates, trains, coaches, mentors, and directs staff to ensure that Team Members receive leadership, guidance and resources to accomplish established objectives.
- Responsible for creating and fostering an environment of support and motivation for Team Members.
- Establishes department standards, guidelines and objectives, and maintains other administrative processes such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of assigned areas.
- Produces, monitors and evaluates all reporting departments to ensure the proper planning for short- and long-term strategies, monitors and evaluates performance of all operations to facilitate ongoing improvement of operations and financial return.
- Is responsible for the audits of cage, count room, HHR, retail, F&B and other departments as required
- Responsible in assisting in accurate tracking of information and timely filing related to all regulatory filings including gaming taxes, W-2G’s, Title 26/AML and Bank Secrecy Act.
- Reviews strengths and weaknesses of all reporting areas, and general and administrative functions, to most effectively implement changes to improve operations and most efficiently allocate resources.
- Reviews cash disbursements to ensure propriety, reasonableness, and compliance with established procedures, and releases disbursements or investigates and resolves discrepancies.
- Manages the preparation of, and reviews, financial reports to ensure reasonableness and completeness, and releases reports or directs revision of reports.
- Reviews and interprets unusual transactions, adjustments or unexpected financial results to determine the appropriate accounting treatment or outcome.
- Resolves problems that are within the position's scope of authority and recommends courses of action to resolve problems that are beyond the scope of authority to the position’s supervisor.
- Keeps position supervisor informed of relevant activities.
- Reviews the work activities of subordinate employees to ensure that work is being performed within the standards established by management.
- Analyze daily casino cash flow, forecasts sources and uses of casino cash
- Must possess an understanding of Revenue Audit, Cage and Count Room
- Other duties as assigned.
Regulatory and Compliance Responsibilities
In addition to the other duties described herein, each Team Member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Company.
- Obtain and retain required license(s).
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the Team Member’s department.
- Have knowledge of the Property’s programs to address problem gaming.
- Report any acts of wrongdoing of which the Team Member may have knowledge.
Manages subordinates who may supervise employees. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the unit(s).
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- 5 years of direct experience in gaming Accounting/Revenue Audit and 3 years of supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, or equivalent, required.
- Must be able to formulate and communicate ideas and to make independent decisions.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Virginia Racing Commission License
A list of physical demands, equipment, & work environment demands can be reviewed in Human Resources. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button above and you will be redirected to our online Company Employment Application which must be completed to be considered for this opportunity.
Colonial Downs Racetrack & Rosie's Gaming Emporium
10515 Colonial Downs Parkway
New Kent, VA 23124
Colonial Downs Racetrack & Rosie's Gaming Emporium, Located in New Kent, Virginia, hosts 600 historical pari-mutuel horse racing machines, a simulcast horse racing, as well a restaurant and bar.
A six-week summer thoroughbred season of live horse races is scheduled to begin July 23, 2020 and continue through August 29, 2020.