Poker Dealer - Philadelphia - Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia
56826 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Poker Dealer - Philadelphia
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19148
Oct 23, 2020
Dec 26, 2020
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Responsible for dealing and running assigned poker games in a professional manner, ensuring compliance with gaming regulations while embodying the Live! 5 core values.
Core Service Standards
- CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance
- SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
- FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
- FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Providing exemplary customer service with a professional demeanor.
- Dealing various games of poker, including but not limited to Texas Hold’em, Omaha, Stud and Draw.
- Dealing various limits, including No Limit, Limit, Spread Limit, and Pot Limit.
- Controlling gaming cards and equipment.
- Calculating pot, taking appropriate rake and jackpot in accordance with company and gaming regulations.
- Understanding and following the rules of all games offered.
- Maintaining the accuracy of all financial transactions.
- Developing customer relations and promotion of Live! Rewards program.
- Ensuring the safety and security of internal and external guests by notifying management of any suspicious or unusual activities.
- Paying wins/Taking losses.
- Attending training and meetings when required.
- Living the Live! 5 core values on a daily basis.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of work area, including but not limited to the cleaning of a broken table, vacuuming the felt, picking up debris, and pushing in chairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- Exemplary customer service.
- Ability to speak clearly, listen, and follow directions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and understand basic instructions.
- Ability and dexterity to handle chips, cards, and currency.
- Must possess good hand/eye coordination.
- Knowledgeable of specified games and regulations.
- Knowledge of theft techniques.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and perform assigned duties under frequent time pressure in an interruptive environment.
- Ability to accurately complete paperwork and forms.
- Complete, perform and understand basic mathematical functions in a timely manner. Proficiency in multiplication, division, addition, and subtraction is necessary.
- Maintaining interpersonal working relationships among all personnel.
- Knowledge of company policy and procedures, internal controls, and Title 31.
- Complete knowledge of facilities, events, and promotions available to guests on property.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience: Casino dealing experience or technical school education in dealing specified game
- Must be able to comply with all state gaming regulations, which may include obtaining a license.
- Sitting 95%
- Walking 5%
- Bending at times from waist
- Repetitive hand motions
- Use of stairs and elevators
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 300,000 sq. ft of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 2000 employees
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia
900 Packer Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19148
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia, opening in 2021, is a world-class gaming, hotel, dining and entertainment destination being developed by Stadium Casino, RE, LLC, an affiliate of The Cordish Companies. Located in the heart of the South Philadelphia Stadium Entertainment District, Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia will set a new standard for development in the City in the areas of economic opportunity and inclusivity for local residents.
The opening of the casino resort destination will transform the Philadelphia Stadium Entertainment District into the only place in the country to experience big league action from four major professional sports teams, best-in-class dining and entertainment, and world-class gaming and hotel accommodations. Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia will feature more than 1.5 million square-feet of gaming, hotel, dining and entertainment space, 2,200 slots and electronic table games and 150+ live action table games, including Poker, a FanDuel Sportsbook, an upscale, 12-story, 200+ room hotel, a structured parking facility, plus new dining and entertainment venues.
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia is projected to generate $2 billion in annual economic impact, with an additional $100 million in tax revenues for the City in its first five years of operation, including $25 million to Philadelphia’s School District, plus over 5,000 new construction and permanent jobs for local and regional residents.
Pending Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board final approval.