Guest Service Agent - Live! Hotel - Philadelphia - Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia
Guest Service Agent - Live! Hotel - Philadelphia
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19148
Oct 23, 2020
Jan 02, 2021
Type of Position:
Check in/Check out hotel guests courteously and efficiently; process all payments according to established hotel requirements measuring to the levels of expectation commensurate with a four star property. Provide information to any guest or visitor inquiry. Work as part of the overall Front Office team to insure a seamless experience for the guest.
Core Service Standards
- CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance
- SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
- FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
- FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
Maintain complete knowledge at all times of the following
- All hotel features/services, hours of operation
- All room types, numbers, layout, décor, appointments and locations
- All room rates, special packages and promotions
- Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures
- Room availability status for any given day
- Scheduled daily group activities
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all hotel and departmental policies and procedures to include front and back of house operations.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies. Keep bank secure at all times
- Answer department telephone within 3 rings; using correct greeting and telephone etiquette
- Promote positive guest relations for information in a congenial manner
Process all guest check-ins according to established hotel requirements
- Confirm reservation in system and review all noted information
- Be able to complete a “walk-in” reservation for guest with no prior room reserved.
- Obtain back up information for guest credit/payment method and input into system; collect cash when designated
- Assign guest room
- Advise guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. that was received for them
- Inform guest of room safe and mini bar key and room key procedures
- Issue parking passes/validate valet parking tickets and enter information in the computer
- Communicate services and amenities included in packages to guests on packages
- Obtain proper identification for tax exempt guests and attach from to registration card
- Obtain guest signature for designated paper work
- Obtain bell person to escort guest and transport their luggage to the room
- Maintain guest history files on all guests
- Communicate VIP arrivals to designated personnel for escort and delivery of amenities
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest checking in according to their requirements (i.e., share withs, separate room/tax/incidentals, com)
- Extend every effort to obtain satisfactory alternative accommodations for guests with reservations when the hotel cannot accommodate them, follow established procedures for "walking" guests
- Accommodate room changes expediently
- Document all guest requests, complaints or problems immediately and notify designated department/personnel for resolving the situation. Follow up within 30 minutes to ensure completion and guest satisfaction
- Offer detailed information on the voicemail system to callers and guests wishing to leave a message
- Accept and record wake-up call requests; deliver to PBX.
- Block rooms in the computer and follow through on designated requirements
- Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets
- Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e.. Special requests, amenity delivery).
- Generate, print and distribute daily and weekly reports
- Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with Housekeeping
Process all check-outs according to established hotel requirements listed
- Resolve any late charges
- Present folio to guest and resolve any disputed charges
- Settle guest accounts following accounting procedures
- Retrieve guest room key from guest
- Handle requests for late check-outs according to established hotel procedures
- Conduct group check-ins/outs according to established hotel procedures
- Assist all departments/executives in obtaining appropriate information regarding groups, inventory and guest information
- Adhere to all cashiering procedures as listed below:
- Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, miscellaneous charges
- Make change for guests
- Cash guests' personal checks/travelers checks
- Post Charges
- Settle room accounts
- Run closing reports
- Count bank at the end of their shift
- Complete designated cashier reports
- Balance receipts
- Drop receipts
- Secure bank
- Legibly document pertinent information in the log book
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist PBX with switchboard duties
- Assist with reservation calls. Process, record and follow up and details relative to such
- Provide Concierge service when no Concierge is available
- Assist in other Front Office areas as assigned
- Provide guest room tours
- Legibly document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to the Manager
- Able to read and interpret instructions and direction for guest
- Able to communicate without impediment with guests and staff in all areas relating to guest service
- Education: A high school diploma or GED equivalent. Retail customer service training would be a plus.
- Experience: One (1) to three (3) years previous experience in a hotel or high end retail environment is required.
Must be able to comply with all state gaming regulations, which may include obtaining a license.
- Lifting up to 20lbs
- Pushing/Pull up to 20lbs
- Carry up to 20lbs
- Some Bending / kneeling
- Frequent Walking
- Frequent Standing
- Some Sitting
- Climbing steps
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 300,000 sq. ft of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 2000 employees
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia
900 Packer Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19148
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia, opening in 2021, is a world-class gaming, hotel, dining and entertainment destination being developed by Stadium Casino, RE, LLC, an affiliate of The Cordish Companies. Located in the heart of the South Philadelphia Stadium Entertainment District, Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia will set a new standard for development in the City in the areas of economic opportunity and inclusivity for local residents.
The opening of the casino resort destination will transform the Philadelphia Stadium Entertainment District into the only place in the country to experience big league action from four major professional sports teams, best-in-class dining and entertainment, and world-class gaming and hotel accommodations. Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia will feature more than 1.5 million square-feet of gaming, hotel, dining and entertainment space, 2,200 slots and electronic table games and 150+ live action table games, including Poker, a FanDuel Sportsbook, an upscale, 12-story, 200+ room hotel, a structured parking facility, plus new dining and entertainment venues.
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia is projected to generate $2 billion in annual economic impact, with an additional $100 million in tax revenues for the City in its first five years of operation, including $25 million to Philadelphia’s School District, plus over 5,000 new construction and permanent jobs for local and regional residents.
Pending Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board final approval.