Culinary II - sports bar - Agua Caliente Casinos
Culinary II - sports bar
Agua Caliente Casinos
Rancho Mirage, California 92270
Oct 22, 2020
Dec 27, 2020
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Responsible for the cooking, production of entrée, vegetable, and specialty station foods. May also cook roasted items to be used in other food outlets. Must be able to maintain high quality food flavor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares foodstuffs working safely, cleanly, efficiently and organized in a high volume and high quality environment.
- Follows recipe specifications and maintains high quality and consistency
- Assists all team members with food preparation, receiving and stewarding duties, when necessary
- Assists Sous Chef with buffet production. Helps transport food and assists receiving in putting away food products.
- Keeps all refrigerators, freezers, and dry storage areas organized and cleaned daily. Applies proper food handling & rotation.
- Communicate effectively to all guests regarding produced food.
- Provide excellent guest service to both guests and internal clients,
- Must adhere to all Tribal Ordinance, Regulations, and the ACCRS and SRC System of Internal Controls, and Standard Operating Procedures.
Access to Sensitive Areas and Information
As per the ACGC Access Matrix
Required Education and/or Experience
- Minimum two years kitchen experience.
- Exemplary communication guest service skills. Must be able to communicate in English.
- Professional knife skills.
- Has production kitchen knowledge of soups and sauces.
- Ability to follow all recipes including extensive culinary vocabulary along with the understanding of weights and measures.
- Ability to effectively operate kitchen equipment like mixers, braises, tilt kettles, etc.
- Possess a Riverside County Department of Environmental Health Food Handlers Certificate or be able to obtain a Riverside County Health Department card within one week of employment. Pass ACC test of culinary basics and dessert descriptions.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to stand, move and work throughout the work area and properties, including walking, climbing stairs, bending, lifting, standing, stooping, reaching and/or carrying for some or the duration of the shift. Also will be subjected to a smoke filled environment on the casino floor. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but will escalate when located in the casino environment or near kitchen hoods. Must be able to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a minimum of 25 lbs. on an intermittent basis, and sufficient dexterity of hand in order to use kitchen small wares and knives.
Salary: $16.50 Per Hour
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To be considered for this position you
must complete the
Employer Online Application via the company website.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa • Spa Resort Casino Hotel
Rancho Mirage • Palm Springs
HotWaterCasino.com • SpaResortCasino.com
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa, a four-diamond resort in Rancho Mirage, and Spa Resort Casino in downtown Palm Springs offer the hottest slots, a variety of table games, and high-limit gaming, plus fine dining, shopping, relaxing spas and luxurious hotel rooms, all in a gorgeous resort setting.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa in Rancho Mirage, California has been repeatedly voted "Best Casino" in reader's polls. It’s home to more than a thousand slots, a variety of table games, and a wildly popular 18-table non-smoking Poker room. The casino offers exciting lounge entertainment plus award-winning dining, adjacent to its luxury resort hotel. Guests can stay in style in 340 deluxe rooms and suites; enjoy a relaxing spa, pool and cabana complex, as well as a state-of-the-art conference center. The Show, a 2,000 seat entertainment venue completes this world-class destination.
Spa Resort Casino is located in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, California. The resort’s boutique hotel offers 229 newly remodeled guest rooms, and the world-famous Spa which offers natural hot mineral springs. Spa Resort Casino also offers the best in gaming with slots, table games and a private high-limit gaming room. The property features fine dining, live entertainment and dancing, all just steps away from the downtown shops and restaurants that make Palm Springs one of the America’s most adored resorts.
Both resorts are owned and operated by the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, which also owns the world-famous Indian Canyons and Tahquitz Canyon hiking trails, and Indian Canyons Golf Resort.