Training Officer - Agua Caliente Casinos
Agua Caliente Casinos
Rancho Mirage, California 92270
Oct 22, 2020
Dec 27, 2020
Type of Position:
Ensures the security and safety of the guests, employees, cash and physical assets of the hotel and casino. Train and monitor all new security officers and fill out necessary documentation to ensure proper training was completed. Conducts training in areas where Team Members are below average or unacceptable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must adhere to all aspects of the Anti-Money Laundering(AML) Program and its regulations including, but not limited to, Title 31 Cash Transactions, Suspicious Activity Reporting and Customer Identification requirements.
- Ensures the integrity of gambling, banking, count room and cash handling procedures.
- Maintains a constant surveillance throughout the casino watching for irregularities or illegal gaming devices.
- Immediately reports suspicious or unusual activities to the proper Department Supervisor, Surveillance Officer or Security Director.
- Periodically checks perimeter and cash cage door.
- Delivers fills/credits to cage and gaming stations.
- Escorts all chip, token and cash transfers within the casino. Collects and transports table game drop boxes to storage area.
- Escorts all money transfers between casino and accounting.
- Assists in monitoring traffic as required.
- Maintains and controls access to restricted areas. Checks ID for possible underage customers.
- Escorts cash transfer to the Spa Casino Bank when requested by accounting.
- Responsible for opening outer door of ATM machine for fills.
- Provide security for cash cage and soft count room.
- Ensures the safety of guests and employees during the hotel and casino operation.
- Performs CPR/First Aid as required.
- Works with local police, fire or emergency medical teams as necessary.
- Acts as a liaison with management on security issues.
- Assists in locating lost property, files report if not found.
- Fosters and maintains positive player/house relations. Accepts, records and notifies management of complaints.
- Removes individuals from the hotel and casino when directed by the General Manager or Security management.
- Make arrest for law violations.
- Act as Field Training Officer (FTO) in providing proper instructional techniques, information, and direction to newly hired members of the Security Department.
- The FTO shall document the trainees performance and evaluate the trainees performance.
- Conduct refresher training during shift briefings, or in-service training as appropriate.
- Conduct classroom training as approved by departmental standards.
- Stay current on all changes to job and training requirements.
- Responsible for training existing officers on new policies and procedures and reinforcing existing training procedures.
- Assisting in processing, storing and returning lost and found items.
- Provides break relief for Dispatchers and other officers.
- Assist in monitoring and providing corrective actions concerning security policies and procedures.
- Provide training in report writing and investigations to other officers.
- Assign and monitor the completion of practice reports.
- Provide written weekly evaluations on new employees.
- Perform investigations and write reports associated with them.
- Insure medical equipment is always in good working order.
- Provide tours of the casino and hotel to identify emergency shut off valves and response procedures.
- Supervise designated trainee.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2-3 years related experience or combination of education and/or experience or good public relations skills.
- Guard Card preferred.
- Must be computer literate and be able to communicate in English.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to stand, move and work throughout the office area and properties, including walking up to 1 mile, climbing stairs and sitting at a desk/work station for the duration of the shift. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment. Must be able to work in a lighting subdued environment for extended periods of time. Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions to include extreme heat and cold weather. Typically the individual will be housed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but will escalate when located in the casino environment. Must be able to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a minimum of 25 lbs. on an intermittent basis, and sufficient dexterity of hand in order to use office equipment including, but not limited to: a computer keyboard, calculator, general office equipment and multi-line telephone.
Salary: $17.00 Per Hour
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To be considered for this position you
must complete the
Employer Online Application via the company website.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa • Spa Resort Casino Hotel
Rancho Mirage • Palm Springs
HotWaterCasino.com • SpaResortCasino.com
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa, a four-diamond resort in Rancho Mirage, and Spa Resort Casino in downtown Palm Springs offer the hottest slots, a variety of table games, and high-limit gaming, plus fine dining, shopping, relaxing spas and luxurious hotel rooms, all in a gorgeous resort setting.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa in Rancho Mirage, California has been repeatedly voted "Best Casino" in reader's polls. It’s home to more than a thousand slots, a variety of table games, and a wildly popular 18-table non-smoking Poker room. The casino offers exciting lounge entertainment plus award-winning dining, adjacent to its luxury resort hotel. Guests can stay in style in 340 deluxe rooms and suites; enjoy a relaxing spa, pool and cabana complex, as well as a state-of-the-art conference center. The Show, a 2,000 seat entertainment venue completes this world-class destination.
Spa Resort Casino is located in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, California. The resort’s boutique hotel offers 229 newly remodeled guest rooms, and the world-famous Spa which offers natural hot mineral springs. Spa Resort Casino also offers the best in gaming with slots, table games and a private high-limit gaming room. The property features fine dining, live entertainment and dancing, all just steps away from the downtown shops and restaurants that make Palm Springs one of the America’s most adored resorts.
Both resorts are owned and operated by the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, which also owns the world-famous Indian Canyons and Tahquitz Canyon hiking trails, and Indian Canyons Golf Resort.